Digital / Virtual Cockpit retrofit yet?

Jun 6, 2020
Hi. First post!

Where is the best place to pick one of these units up? Looking for the B variant-latest and greatest ;-)

Ebay seems difficult.

I’ve a Leon FR my2016. Just made the cut to have apple car play etc activated (£200 at the main dealer), so assume I’m a MIBS2 unit.

Got a lot planned retrofit wise this is stage 2!

Cheers

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi. First post!

Where is the best place to pick one of these units up? Looking for the B variant-latest and greatest ;-)

Ebay seems difficult.

I’ve a Leon FR my2016. Just made the cut to have apple car play etc activated (£200 at the main dealer), so assume I’m a MIBS2 unit.

Got a lot planned retrofit wise this is stage 2!

Cheers
IMO if your MIB unit doesn't have a most port (MIB2 High or MIB2 std 5QA035874 manufactured by Preh) then I don't think it's worth having the VC, I think the new price of the VC is around £600 to £700.

Jun 6, 2020
IMO if your MIB unit doesn't have a most port (MIB2 High or MIB2 std 5QA035874 manufactured by Preh) then I don't think it's worth having the VC, I think the new price of the VC is around £600 to £700.

Thanks

It’s not a bad price tbh. I was expecting around £1200 with labour. That’s where I’d budgeted myself.

How would I find out which model unit I have? And what’s the difference if the VC isn’t with said units? Does it do less?

I’m starting to get a little 50/50 at the minute. I had full link activated last week and honestly, I don’t need it! I really like the look of the VC and generally it’s functionality is good, but I think the only thing I’d use it for is the nav and go full screen. I have HUD installed so can live without the speedo etc.

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
@kickdown
@diver86

The VC (no MOST) is retrofitted and working well.

I do have a question about the light indications on the VC:

On the VC i only have an indication for the rear fog lights and the high beam lights when switched on.
For the other light settings (front fogs, parking light, dipped beam light) there’s no indication on the VC they're switched on.

if somebody could check this for me if this is normal?
(Can’t remember how it was on the analog panel)

thx!

kickdown

Oct 5, 2018
Sofia, Bulgaria
@kickdown
@diver86

The VC (no MOST) is retrofitted and working well.

I do have a question about the light indications on the VC:

On the VC i only have an indication for the rear fog lights and the high beam lights when switched on.
For the other light settings (front fogs, parking light, dipped beam light) there’s no indication on the VC they're switched on.

if somebody could check this for me if this is normal?
(Can’t remember how it was on the analog panel)

thx!
Perfectly normal. Only the light switch turns on (the back lid of the switch itself) when the dipped beam/front fog light is switched.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jorre
Jul 1, 2020
Hi all

Anyone know how to enable the instrument cluster menu in the car - view menu when the virtual display is retro fitted ?

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
Hi all

Anyone know how to enable the instrument cluster menu in the car - view menu when the virtual display is retro fitted ?

Here you go:

97C7689F-AE01-4082-8853-D61AA5571679.jpeg

diver86

May 3, 2018
One question guys .voice command working?

Στάλθηκε από το Mi MIX 2S μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

diver86

May 3, 2018
Navi doesnt recognice greek language.speak only english.i dont know what matters.i have the old steering wheel with voice button in right side

Jorre

Feb 21, 2017
Navi doesnt recognice greek language.speak only english.i dont know what matters.i have the old steering wheel with voice button in right side

mib2 std, retrofitVC without MOST, changed steering wheel controls to facelift (View button)-> voice control works in my language (dutch).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
for those who did the retrofit, did the coding of keyless keys cause a problem?
I would like install cockpit 5F0920790B.My car is 2017
The Rev A or B depends on your car.

No advantage of getting the B over A, it just depends on what your car needs due to the immobiliser.

As for keyless, when my car was done @paddy6789 had my old VC installed on his R with keyless.

May 7, 2020
I don’t understand when you say <<, it just depends on what your car needs due to the immobiliser.>> if possible to be more explicit please ?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I don’t understand when you say <<, it just depends on what your car needs due to the immobiliser.>> if possible to be more explicit please ?
I was told, due to the age of my car, a Rev B unit would not be compatible with my car or keys. The Rev B uses a different Immobiliser system compared to the Rev A. However no difference in functionality.

May 7, 2020
Ok merci je regarde un siège leon 2016 retrofit avec un cockpit ref B.
Je préfère la réf B car je peux installer la vue Cupra.
Ce n'est pas possible avec le cockpit A?

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok merci je regarde un siège leon 2016 retrofit avec un cockpit ref B.
Je préfère la réf B car je peux installer la vue Cupra.
Ce n'est pas possible avec le cockpit A?
There are 3 versions.

Version 1 Part Number - 5F0920790
3 views - What I used to have:

View 1:
1594651161293.png

View 2:
1594651187395.png

View 3
Sadly I don't have a picture, but its like view 2, but with info left and right of the map.

Version 2 Part Number - 5F0920790 A
4 views - What I have now (including sports display)

View 1:
1594651161293.png

View 2:
1594651187395.png

New version of View 3 that replaced the above view 3, this now has the speedo and rev counter around the edge:
1594651219562.png

New View 4 (Sports display)
1594651237281.png

Version 3 Part Number - 5F0920790 B
The same 4 views (including sports display)

Exact same 4 views as Rev A above.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.