what have you done to your car today ?

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
I go to a jet wash place and wash the car and engine there for a few pounds and no mess to clean up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How solid are these engines when power washing them? I plan on coating mine in gunk then giving it a scrub

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
How solid are these engines when power washing them? I plan on coating mine in gunk then giving it a scrub

Mines a diesel so it’s all good and you don’t need to go close with the jet wash as for one you get covered and the more likely you are to push water into the electrical plugs it’s more off a quick wash over and always do it when engine is warm too and don’t just turn the engine off after make sure you can leave it running to dry itself with the heat off the engine and don’t direct spray on to the electrical plugs is not good but if your hitting it with more off the mist then the actual full spray and always stay away from écus if unsure or nervous bag your plugs and écus

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
How often does that happen then? :unsure:

On old engine a few times a month on new one after I fit it and it’s still clean now apart from where the dipstick goes from plastic to metal the tube from the engine as I broke it so had to do a quick fix till I got a new one and it leaked a bit off oil around the area so needs to have a quick wash over and I blame you for the clean engine thing I have now from that first meet when I opened the bonnet and your face said in a thousand words if there was a tap and hose pipe I’m you would off been in there cleaning away for me lol

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Got the vac out and gave a vac and found a leaking door so whipped the door card off and sealed the door now just need the carpet to dry out so helped that along with the wet vac and left the windows open a little to aid it just need the sun shine now lol

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Got the vac out and gave a vac and found a leaking door so whipped the door card off and sealed the door now just need the carpet to dry out so helped that along with the wet vac and left the windows open a little to aid it just need the sun shine now lol

I have this dreaded leak

Yellow fr

Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I did all but the the drivers front a while back as the others was leaking but drivers was fine so pushed for time as getting the plastic rods back into the hole for the rear window was a pain in the ass and took forever I said the drivers is fine not doing it so I could get home to take wife shopping and out for a meal I left i should off know better lol as per usual it was siliconed at the bottom off the metal panel ans it was all wet and leaking but now fixed

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I blame you for the clean engine thing I have now from that first meet when I opened the bonnet and your face said in a thousand words if there was a tap and hose pipe I’m you would off been in there cleaning away for me lol

Noooo, it was the bats I was worried about. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: rob280

LCR AL

Jun 5, 2020
Finally fitted my front AP coilovers. Swapped my powerflex top mounts over to them.
Replaced front discs and pads.

Also fitted superpro bushes to one lower arm this week but cant budge the bolt on the other one!

I managed to pull the wiring out of the ABS sensor connector (harness side) so if anyone knows how to disassemble the connector to re wire let me know plz!

All done in the lay by outside....now I'm aching!!

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Reactions: Manic172

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Parked her around the side of the house - looking sorry for herself - while I painted the drive with tarmac renovator.
e4e59cf8072021dc8ad64f0d431a17f2.jpg

c88ef70ef6b9d6740e473d0cdf224790.jpg

Reactions: Manic172

Sl1ced

Oct 10, 2020
Parked her around the side of the house - looking sorry for herself - while I painted the drive with tarmac renovator.
e4e59cf8072021dc8ad64f0d431a17f2.jpg

c88ef70ef6b9d6740e473d0cdf224790.jpg

Tarmac renovator? I didn’t know that was a thing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.