JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

h7 cya

Jun 3, 2009
I do get flutter from the 007p when i let off slowly in 3rd upwards. Just fancy it all the time. Jamjay if you get sick of the split r. Drop me a pm.

JamJay

California Bound
Dyno Graph

As promised, here's my dyno graph from the day...

Dyno-1.jpg

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Good result! The lower curves, that was your stage one "before" graph right? That's quite a big gain over stage 1 like, nice one.

JamJay

California Bound
Boost Guage

I just can't help myself, I've bought more.

Autometer boost guage & Nomad Racing A-Pillar mount.

d16a3e18.jpg

3c2b7a26.jpg

I had the Halfords AutoGauge before this but I took it back, that one had 4 wires on the back. This Autometer guage only has 2 wires, a black & red so I am guessing one is earth for the bulb & the other is the live? I guess that this means I can only wire it into the dash light live feed and that it won't dim (not that I use the dimmer anyway)?

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I dont think you'll really see any gains by getting an enlarged intake mani on a K04
ARBs and a LSD are good investment but not if your not planning on keeping the car long
Good solid engine mounts will help too
Will you be looking into an uprated clutch when LSD is done?

JamJay

California Bound
I've been reading up on the SEM, tested on small port head with Stage 2 mods on BAM and it made a significant BHP increase. Torque didn't really increase so much but it looks like it can breathe better at the top end for sure. Worst comes to worst then I go hybrid and it comes to life. Plan is to garage the LCR, work on it and have it as 'the toy', then then 335i for being a ponse, although I'll have that mapped to 400bhp right away :D.

I'll be upgrading the clutch to SACHS Organic with OE DMF. This looks capable for the tune I plan on taking the car to, 350bhp at a push with roughly the torque I run now I would imagine (which my OE clutch is doing a great job of taking). Any more HP/Torque and you're definitely out of realms of DMF and need to look at something stronger.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Just a heads up I had an uprated Sachs clutch with standard dmf I blew the dmf up so I think if your doing all that work you may as well go smf while the box is out other wise your paying twice for some thing you could of had done once believe me I wish I had done it I've had 3 clutches in mine , the helix race clutch is rated to 450 bhp costs 952 delivered and it's really nice to drive with if you want to feel what it's like you can drive mine when it's out the body shop

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members