JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

JamJay

California Bound
Going Up For Sale

The time has come, I'm going to sell my much loved car :(.

As most of you know, I don't get to use it that often and it's such a waste to keep it just sitting there. My career has really taken off too so on the days that it is needed/train travel not an option, I need something more professional (boring?).

You've all stuck with me, from standard right through to Stage 2 so thank you for all of the advice and banter. I don't regret one bit spending all of the money that I have done on this car, it has been so rewarding and 99% problem free motoring (damn VAG engine sensors) giving an eventual 290bhp/326lb-ft which is, when I can use the car, VERY VERY fun!

It's had a lot of recent work and big money spent on it, I could have cut my losses and sold on a half finished project but that's not my style. Now the new owner will get a truely sorted machine with big brand parts fitted that are proven. I have just detailed the car in prep for the sale and I'll give her an oil change to make sure she's all set, expect to see her up on here and PistonHeads soon.

I have already decided that if the sale of the whole car, modified, is slow that I'll have her put back to standard and mapped with a genuine SEAT 225 map but that would be pointless if the new owner only planned to modify again. Anyhow, Pistonheads will be a-plenty with things should that happen.

I'll be sticking around for a bit yet so don't wave goodbye so soon, I have a few weeks holiday booked as from next week so it'll be September before I do this. Until then, into the garage and under her cover she goes :).

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
:(

Hope she goes to an owner as OCD as you she deserves nothing less. Such a sweet ride.

Will you get a BMW on the rollers for the AMD meet then? LOL.

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks lads.

Yes BMW time, my head says M-Sport E93 325i Cabrio (semi-sensible) but my heart says E92 335i Coupe so the option to return to modifying is always there yet I can look professional at the same time.

I'll also be raising my coilovers pre-sale as low is not to everyone's taste.

Cheers Tom, I'll miss her and I hope that the new owner will continue to keep up the work. It's a strong possibility that a BMW will be on there but if the sale is slow, I'll take the LCR out of retirement for this special day ;).

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
nooo jason, all that work and not much fun had :( anyway mate im sure you are doing it for the right reasons and good luck dude :)

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks again. I imagine it'll still be around come October but I'm not sure how much interest I'll receive, I've already go three offers locally and I just mentioned it yesterday lol. I really hoped to come to AMD and show off that mighty exhaust, who knows, may still happen as I am prepared to wait for the right spec BMW to come along but then again I can manage with no car for however long it takes too.

Anyway, my bargain hunting continued last week and I bought brand new Samco top hoses in black of course, for £60.

f7147e75.jpg

They're much more robust than OE which were kinking a little, these will only aid flow I'm sure.

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Offers will come quick for it mate.

I've had 2 on mine this year.

Both turned down of course!

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Screw that, i know you put big effort into it and would like to see it go to a good home, but money is money and if their willing to pay then let them have it even if they drive it like they stole it, who's to say that the person you sell it onto wont inturn sell it onto some muppet that will wreck the clutch in 5min minutes or flip it into a ditch.

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
I'd cry if I saw any of my old cars with Lexus rear lights.

It's a shame that you're selling. Seeing your car on here inspired me to get a respray. :D