JamJay's 290bhp Ovni Yellow LCR - Latest: SOLD & Replaced With A BMW 335i Cabrio

Which Cat-Back System Should I Choose?

• Longlife Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £429 Fitted

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Hayward & Scott (Essex) 3" Non-Resonated - £550 Fitted

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Blueflame 2.76" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • Milltek 2.76" > 3" Non-Resonated - £400 Delivered

Votes: 38 39.2%
  • Powerflow Custom 3" Non-Resonated - £330 Fitted

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Thanks guys but I actually just retracted my deposit on that particular car, the dealer was being a little shady it turns out and I HATE pushy salesman also.

Anyway, the Leon is up on PistonHeads now: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/3072692.htm

Found that with several BMW dealers around South London when we were purchasing my sisters car. In the end I found her one in Reading (Cooper Reading BMW) for a cheaper price and a better overall service

JamJay

California Bound
I was using the Vines group. They have a car there which is under spec'd (for a BMW), highish mileage and over priced. I put a deposit down as I felt I could barter but they wouldn't budge, all I got was a Wind Deflector which was already listed in the advert but they lost it, 1/2 tank of fuel and 6mths tax. No thanks, so I walked this morning and the salesman was literally clutching at straws and just kept repeating that I MUST buy a BMW from a BMW garage for the warranty...ok fair enough it's handy but my reply was that "if you're telling me this car is going to seriously break in the next 12mths, maybe I should be looking at another marque"...and then there was silence.

WIN! Well not totally, I'm still without a flaming Bimmer.

I'll look at Cooper, I have a local one :)

jamandspoon81

Aug 13, 2007
That's a great add on pistonheads,I almost wanted to buy it even tho I have my own.you should have no problems selling it.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Sorry to hear your selling up, but onwards and upwards. Someone will get them selfs one hell of car. Let's hope it stays on the forum.

All the best with your new car purchase, i look forward to seeing the pictures. :)

micksid

Credit where due

well JamJay

ive just spent the last hour reading all this thread after seeing your car on pistonheads. been looking at buying a LCR for last couple of weeks so joined the forum to do my research.

i used to have a VW bora 5 years back and at the time was the only one modified around my area, subtle mods i must add. :). PD superchipped, FK Coilovoers, Audi tt competition alloys. debadged (which always confused people.... "is that a audi your driving" "no its a VW" :shrug:, ottinger kit (if thats how you spell it).

i was only looking to spend around 5-6k but wanthing a modified one with select quality mods likes yours running 260bhp plus. im like you and only use a car on a weekend for pleassure, and a hobby.

just want to congratulate you on a well looked after and modded LCR, and one of the best ive seen for sale in the current market....... and only if i had 7k i would have it off you hands and i would promise to look after it :) not abuse it [B)]

good luck in selling it,

Mick

p.s if you drop to 6k or below PM ME FIRST!!!!! :p

JamJay

California Bound
Hi Mick,

Thanks for taking the time to sign up and post this, it's really appreciated and the kind words make the hard work & love that this car has had totally worth it.

Thanks for enquiring about the sale also, I have your email and I have responded this morning :).

JamJay

California Bound
Sold

Hi everyone.

The time came & I have sold the car. I sold it to a fellow enthusiast who if I am honest may even take better care of the car than I have, if that's possible. I was sad to see it go, rather emotional seeing someone driving your 'child' away but it was the right thing to do, my career needs to take priority. The car looked and sounded awesome driving away, I'd never seen it or heard it before really as I'm always the driver but it was special.

The new owner will be along on this forum soon I think, welcome him and give him the same support & knowledge that I have received. You've all been great & I'll be sticking around.

The ad is still live on Pistonheads as their website will not allow me to remove it currently but it will be ASAP.

My new ride is...my legs. Yup, walking everywhere and train travel for the time being. Still keeping my eye out for a 335i mind you, so watch this space.

Last edited:

ex888

Sep 4, 2011
Hello everyone - and particularly 'JamJay'. I am the lucky one taking this ride off Jay's hands. Jay - the beast drove perfectly all the way home still clean and getting ready for its first trip to Jabbasport this week if they can fit me in. I look forward to using the car and treating it way way too well and also having a laugh on this forum as well as learning as much as possible (this 1.8 engine seems a little different to the VXR I've just sold!). Touch wood, this car seems to be 'showroom'. A real credit to Jay and I absolutely intend to keep it that way.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Hello everyone - and particularly 'JamJay'. I am the lucky one taking this ride off Jay's hands. Jay - the beast drove perfectly all the way home still clean and getting ready for its first trip to Jabbasport this week if they can fit me in. I look forward to using the car and treating it way way too well and also having a laugh on this forum as well as learning as much as possible (this 1.8 engine seems a little different to the VXR I've just sold!). Touch wood, this car seems to be 'showroom'. A real credit to Jay and I absolutely intend to keep it that way.

Hello lucky bugger and welcome to the forum :D great purchase mate, look forward to seeing what you do to the ride!!!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hi everyone.

The time came & I have sold the car. I sold it to a fellow enthusiast who if I am honest may even take better care of the car than I have, if that's possible. I was sad to see it go, rather emotional seeing someone driving your 'child' away but it was the right thing to do, my career needs to take priority. The car looked and sounded awesome driving away, I'd never seen it or heard it before really as I'm always the driver but it was special.

The new owner will be along on this forum soon I think, welcome him and give him the same support & knowledge that I have received. You've all been great & I'll be sticking around.

The ad is still live on Pistonheads as their website will not allow me to remove it currently but it will be ASAP.

My new ride is...my legs. Yup, walking everywhere and train travel for the time being. Still keeping my eye out for a 335i mind you, so watch this space.

Sad to see it go mate, but times change and cars can't hold you back in life as much as we do love our pride and joy's.

She was easily one of the mintest LCR's on here and anyone else with one of these cars needs to follow your example. The results are there for all to see...

Looking forward to seeing the BMW, assuming you put a few pics up on here and a bit of info on the car when you finally have one.

Stick around mate ;)

Welcome to the forum mate..
All I can say is you've got a cracking car and it I think you've done really well!
By the sounds of it you seem like a decent guy who will look after her.

p.s, what's she getting done at Jabbasport? :think:

ex888

Sep 4, 2011
Thanks for the nice welcome!
She is just having a simple cambelt and water pump plus oil change back to mobil 1 - all piece of mind stuff for a start...and in the future, well I intend to keep it pretty much perfect as it really does seem to be as good - well better - than when it was new. And maybe a different turbo at some point..

On a different note of interest to some seems to be the comparison of Astra VXR and LCR. My VXR was running 270bhp and was a pleasure to drive - an easy cruiser, but the LCR feels far more solid, much better quality and a little quicker when given some welly (although I generally drive like miss dasiy so I don't know why I always have to have plenty of power!!?)

Happy new owner anyway :)

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks for the nice welcome!
She is just having a simple cambelt and water pump plus oil change back to mobil 1 - all piece of mind stuff for a start...and in the future, well I intend to keep it pretty much perfect as it really does seem to be as good - well better - than when it was new. And maybe a different turbo at some point..

On a different note of interest to some seems to be the comparison of Astra VXR and LCR. My VXR was running 270bhp and was a pleasure to drive - an easy cruiser, but the LCR feels far more solid, much better quality and a little quicker when given some welly (although I generally drive like miss dasiy so I don't know why I always have to have plenty of power!!?)

Happy new owner anyway :)

Ah good stuff! :)
You've got a good base for a new turbo, all you'd need is to uprate the internals and maybe get a cheeky LSD ;)

VXR's are decent cars no doubt about that. But these LCR's take some beating for the money, decent build and pace at stage 2! [B)]

ex888

Sep 4, 2011
Good point - I'm hoping it will be nice and reliable at its current state of tune and will enjoy it that way for the time being. Jabba on Thursday so I'll get maximum peace of mind then!

JamJay

California Bound
New Car!

Hi lads & ladies.

Right, a little bit of an impulse buy here but last week I saw a 335i Convertible at a BMW dealer that I fell in love with. I picked her up on Friday and here she is! She's fully loaded with everything other than Sat Nav which isn't a great loss to me, it just screams refinement & luxury and that drop top is AMAZING. There are LEDs everywhere illuminating the door handles inside & outside, the leather trim on the door cards, the seats which I think is a great touch. You unlock the car and the halo lights come on, door handles light up and rear lights are on, there's also remote window drop and best of all, remote roof activation. I love my old Leon and I will forever but this is sure easing the pain. In terms of performance, she's a lot heavier than the Leon so probably not as quick but then again it's hard to get a sense of speed in this, it's just so well built, cocoon'd and quiet but drop the roof and that 6cyl turbo lump rips out of the exhaust.

Love it love it love it!

Standard performance is 306bhp & 300lb/ft.

Plans for it??

- Full detail next weekend
- Maybe a remap in a few months (370 - 380bhp possible)
- BMW Performance mufflers

With the addition of big FMIC & DP's I could wind this up to over 400bhp but I want to preserve the warranty really. Still, appealing though right? ;).

I spied her from the show room...

3f31627b.jpg

I paid the money and set off...

7791f9a8.jpg

She came home...

7b92854f.jpg

9435e192.jpg

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.