Techie is back Boca style

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Why are you so faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr???? I need someone here in London that's good with wheels like that hehehehehehhe

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
01c97e01.jpg

Looking forward to getting back in the car on Tuesday and fitting it along with the cover. Be interesting to see if it works or not.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah, you seem to have a natural flair for this sort of thing.

I've always been into playing around with cars, not many of mine have been standard and I think this interest makes my job more enjoyable. I know plenty of tech who do the job as its a job and thats it, no interest in cars at all and look at me as a bit sad.

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
I wouldn't say sad mate, makes people trust you more with their cars. Hence people will get you to upgrade their cars which will in turn fuel your love for them. Right that said, this car is gonna look evil when you've got all your engine bay bits sorted.

ED

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I agree, if I had the funds too I would be going nuts with mine. I had the mental urge to drop the new LCR engine and box into the boc and map the crap out of it hahahahahahaha. That would defo make it the fastest boc on the road and would probably kill the LCR due to weight advantage hahahaha. Oh the dreams I have and wishing for more money hehehehehehehehehe

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
TBH I havent spent a massive ammount on my car, just lucky I can do 99% of the work myself so dont pay any labour and the rest is quite often done as favours for favours.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Depends on what your willing not to claim for. I dont mind giving up up rattle and clonk claims because I have lowered my car. But the engine is still covered which for me would be the expensive bit.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
yeh i would rather just keep the full warranty. dads finding out from work if im allowed to paint my calipers... as i want to have them red. but cos its even a minor change like that, he says i could have to get it done at a approved garage... good times!

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
yeh i would rather just keep the full warranty. dads finding out from work if im allowed to paint my calipers... as i want to have them red. but cos its even a minor change like that, he says i could have to get it done at a approved garage... good times!

You'll be fine as long as you don't paint the discs, pads or any of the rubber bits. If you're painting the calliper you'll be painting solid bits of metal which won't affect the performance of the brakes.

ED

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Couple of pics, from the iphone so sorry about that..lol

Coverless engine bay as requested..

9a32e583.jpg

Covers on..

a1496044.jpg

896e457a.jpg

a73650e3.jpg