Guildford and Bristol (uni)
They are probably the same colour as my ones :p

Photo1092.jpg

Photo1095.jpg

Photo1099.jpg

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
I think they are mate, why are you changing? They look nice! Just buy HID's to match! , I've got some coming for my birthday on sunday so will see how they look!

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Probably haha.

Just pot luck tbh, Some last a good while whilst others start to flicker really quickly. The previous set I bought when I got my HIDs only lasted about a month, these ones have been on for atleast 6 months and all still going well :)

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Well, I'll most likely get HIDs4u as they are meant to be really reliable. I think they're £80 or so for a good 5000k slim ballast set.
You can get a H7R kit from HIDs-Direct just down the road from me in Manchester for £49.99 plus P+P. 4300k, 5000k, 6000k all available.

I'd personally be going with 5000k I think. Just need to find a n/s twin reflector headlamp and I'm ready for HIDs! :)

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Nothing, despite getting rammed by a reversing white van man yesterday. Knob.

Got the standard single reflector headlamps in at the moment, I'm changing to the twin reflector ones like you have. :)

Not tried HIDs Direct myself but will be doing so as their feedback seems good and they're cheaper than HIDS4U.

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Thankfully he did stop, and apologised. Luckily for him my little Ibiza proved strong and there isn't a single mark on it, nor was there on his van (only had a very quick look at his, more concerned about mine). Had a look under the bonnet and can't see any damage there either, so he's got away with it.

Was one of those moments, saw the reverse lights come on... shouted "NOOOOOOO" whilst quickly trying to grab reverse. Couldn't get it fast enough so he just rammed me and that was that. :doh:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Oh good, earlier, I thought you meant your headlight got mashed ;P

So you're just upgrading to twin-reflectors, for HIDS?
Yup, thought there's no point getting the H4 hi/lo HID kit if I've got my eye on twin reflector lamps, so I'm just putting up with the mankey standard halogens until then.

I had just fitted my FR grilles at the weekend, I thought they were bound to get smashed when he ran into me. One thing is for sure, if that van had a tow bar on it, I'd be looking at a new bumper, grilles... possibly more.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Tempted.... I'm probably going to get 4300k HIDs. Anyone got a good set they'd recommend?

May go 5000k HIDs4u, but obviously don't want too blue.

The lower the k value, the whiter the lights. I am running 6000k on mine. Might go for 4300k when I buy some for our Focusn (the wifes car) The difference over standard is amazing, so much so I hate driving the Focus at night (with standard crappy bulbs!)

Mine are from HIDs4U and they have been great for the 2 years they have been on the car. No problems.

Last edited:
The lower the k value, the bluer the lights. 4300k will be far too blue, but its up to you! I prefer a whiter light and am running 6000k on mine. Might go for 8000k when I buy some for our Focusn (the wifes car) The difference over standard is amazing, so much so I hate driving the Focus at night (with standard crappy bulbs!)

Mine are from HIDs4U and they have been great for the 2 years they have been on the car. No problems.

you have that the wrong way round the higher the number the bluer the lights mk 5000k are really white and my old 8000k were very blue.
so you probably want 5000k if you prefer white light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.