Advice On Modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2009
yeah no hint of blue at all

I'd say more of a yellow tint than a blue!
but tbh they are pure white

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
what are the best LED side lights? & what is the manufactors name for the grey colour that my car is? ha ha :lol:

Looks like Platinum grey to me.

As far as LED colour goes these match halogens or 4300k hids: clicky

All others of the SMD type (little yellow square or circle) like these will match 6000k hids.

And the older type of led will match between 6k and 8k: clicky

The first link is the ONLY place I`ve found to do proper "warm white" leds... went through a lot of sidelights before finding them!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
How long do they tend to last...? Had any blow yet?

Had them in a good few months now and they`re fine.
I think the problem people have with led`s blowing is that most of them are rated for 12v, but while your engine is running it`s more like 14v - so they blow quite quickly. But these seem fine.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Sweet. It's a shame HIDs4u don't do less than 5000k :/

Just noticed this, I had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year, if you want pure white they are spot on.

It took a while messing with camera settings to capture the true colour but these are pretty damn close:

Dip-wall.jpg

LightMatch.jpg

Oh, and those are the sidelights you just bought^^

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Sweet! You say " had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year", how come you don't have them anymore?

I will definitely be buying a set of 5000k :)

Any real advantage to getting slim ballasts? I suppose for my 1.2 I'll be fine with normal ones!

Last edited:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Sweet! You say " had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year", how come you don't have them anymore?

I will definitely be buying a set of 5000k :)

Any real advantage to getting slim ballasts? I suppose for my 1.2 I'll be fine with normal ones!

The only advantage is space: with the slim ones I had I was able to fit the entire kit inside the light unit. But if you don`t mind the ballasts and some wiring being visible then it does`nt matter.

Yeah I say "had" as I now have a set of OEM xenons 4300k (see my avatar). Took me a while to get all the bits together, but it`s one of the best mods I`ve done.

Shame I sold the kit really, I was thinking of keeping the bulbs at least because hids4u do the only decent H7R`s out there.

Dec 3, 2009
I lie I thought he was yorkshire but he's midlands

just go on google maps and type bodyshop with the map over where you live

Status
Not open for further replies.