Aero Side Skirt Jacking Point Cover

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Just wondering what you guys with the Aero Side Skirt have done to keep the Jacking Point Covers on securely?

My O/S/F managed to fly off on Saturday morning. Luckly after an 8 mile journey back home I found it. One of the clips has snapped off, so I temporarely put gaffa tape at them bottom of them. I've done all four to ensure they stay on & it's seems to have done the trick.

They are not a costly thing to buy, it's just the fact that they will need spraying if I buy news one's.

Any thoughts? I've read that the MK1 boys have screwed them on with self tappers....

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
Same problems here! I used super glue... can still lift the car without removing the covers. Damn expensive to get here! I lost both and waited 2 months plus had o spray and fi. Looks rugged with them off tho- delibrated whether it was worth buying again!

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Just wondering what you guys with the Aero Side Skirt have done to keep the Jacking Point Covers on securely?

My O/S/F managed to fly off on Saturday morning. Luckly after an 8 mile journey back home I found it. One of the clips has snapped off, so I temporarely put gaffa tape at them bottom of them. I've done all four to ensure they stay on & it's seems to have done the trick.

They are not a costly thing to buy, it's just the fact that they will need spraying if I buy news one's.

Any thoughts? I've read that the MK1 boys have screwed them on with self tappers....

Blooming things flung off again!:banned: How typical is that. I only had the car serviced and within 20 miles going home I've list one cover.

I ordered four off from Seremotors and will get them sprayed by a cheapish paint sprayer which will hopefull not be more than £30.

Would clear bath silicone bath sealant keep them on as I don't fancy using superglue or screwing them on.

JD_SCN

I'm going to remove the clips and incorporate a hinge to stop mine coming off, not got round to it yet but will post pics when I've done it. That way they can just flap open when required.

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
I lost my first drivers side panel about 3 months into having the new leon...
but out of bad luck, i thought that i just go and buy a new one, get it sprayed the lot (all at the dealers) and it came to around £60!!! [:@]

but soon as i got it, (which was a friday) I had a long drive from manchester to newcastle.. by the time i got there, i realised that i had lost the new panel again! its somewhere on the m62 i would imagen! at this point on i just went back to where i bought my car from and they replaced it under warrenty after further 2 months of talks!..

now i just use bluetac on 5 points in the panel and its seems to hold it on so far..

i didnt bother using screws as its something i rather not do. plus that little catch thing on the panel is useless.. if the panel catches any wind whilst you driving, trust me, that little bit of plastic aint gonna hold on for long...

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I received replacement covers from Seremotors yesterday and ordered a 400ml spray can in Emocion Red today on-line. Hopefully it will work out O.K.

£60 main dealer prices are way too expensive just for 1 off.

JayTse

A Natural Petrolhead....
Dec 4, 2008
Runcorn//Barnsley//Newcastle
I also noticed that on hte passenger side, the panel fits in nice and firm whilst the drivers side is very loose in comparision..

i wondered if it might be a side skirt fault?..

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
I also noticed that on hte passenger side, the panel fits in nice and firm whilst the drivers side is very loose in comparision..

i wondered if it might be a side skirt fault?..

Maybe just a poor design, which is very annoying to us Seat owners:lol::cry:

Madison_White

Hi All,

New to the forum. I have an 06 Leon TFSI with full body kit and noticed today my front passenger cover has dissapeared. I retraced my route, but couldnt find it, then again it could be anywhere between Reading and Bolton as I did the drive the other day :-(

Where is the best place to order a replacement? I'm pretty miffed about this. Car look s*it now :-(