Air Intake Pipe - Do i need the oil breather, and the other one, wtf? ROBT??

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
Firstly, from the throttle body what is the best length for the intake tube before a cone filter - does it make a difference, can i achieve a pulsing or ram effect?

Secondly, i am replacing the rubber 'gay' hose with a stainless 'sexy' steel one, do i have to incorporate the oil breather? can i just whack a universal small KN filter onto it? And what is the hose that connects closer to the throttle body, into the rubber intake, about 20mm in diameter - what is that? It has thrown loads of oil into the old rubber pipe. it comes from the box infront of the fuel rail.

Can i bosch one out before inters - we shall see.

Answers on a postcard, thanks in advance, PS loved the MaxPower related 1.4L thread, haha :lol:

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
The oil breather pipe is replaced with a filter on the pipercross kits for the 16v, I had a 10 inch stainless pipe on my cordoba and although it sounded mighty fine it never went higher than the usual 156bhp on the rr.

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
I think i may end up ordering one of the Dynatwist XLs from Badger Bill, how much are they going for now, better than a pipercross induction kit i take it?

I can deal with the oil breather pipe but what is this oterh one, is it a crank case breather pipe? i dont know...

Didnt realise a metal pipe would change the sound - thats exciting.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
on the 16v there is the airbox with two pipes entering the intake, one is the oil breather and the other is an airflow (map?) sensor.

gregclarks

Trying to Resist ARBs
May 31, 2006
No this leaves the fuel rail and enters near the throttle body in a push fit hose

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise