Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
give me a few weeks, then PM me
ill be able to tell you which the best way to do it is

two type of spacer you can use

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Rik, any chance you could post back here with the solution also. I am considering a full system soon and would also like to see what spacers you got/used for future reference.

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Just orderd mine. Click the big button see the catalog then select part number search search them part numbers and jobs a gooden!!

£11 - Bargin

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i ordered some of these from rockauto
came real quick and i sent one set to someone on here who used them and worked-you have to bore out the top

i then found a guy in Minnesota that makes a piece that turns the lamda on a right angle to the exhuast so you dont get ground clearance issues like you MAY with spacing it straight out.

that took about 3 weeks to appear, just waiting for the fitters at work to put it on when the pit becomes free

if id known all this before i fitted it i would have ordered these and put it on the exhuast from day 1

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Bolox i forgot about that sensor.. There is a guy on VW Vortex than can make them i PMed him.. and forgot to check... ops.. i spose i best check them now

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
If you've been researching the stacked non-fouler mod as well as my angle block, you probably have a good idea of how this works. When you add a high flow cat and larger diameter exhaust, the secondary O2 sensor "sees" more exhaust and
then tattles back to the computer since it thinks something is wrong. By merely pulling the nose of the sensor (secondary--never primary) out of the direct exhaust stream, it basically simulates having the smaller exhaust/OEM cat again. The beauty is that it is a mechanical fix--if it needs to be set back to stock, it can be

with the rockauto bits, the top of the two spacers needs widening about 15mm to take the lamda probe

hth

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I don't like the though or boring or drilling the exhaust, is there no straight plugin/bolt on option?.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
no its the spacer you drill/bore, these then just sit into the lug in the exhuast where the sensor would normally go

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
no its the spacer you drill/bore, these then just sit into the lug in the exhuast where the sensor would normally go

aghhh that aint to bad then. I didn't fancy touching the exhaust if I'd only just bought one. Like you mentioned I'd have liked this sorted from day 1 so no further problems down the line. :)