Bocanegra Rolling Road Results + Video + Graph

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Went back to see the guys at Awesome on Friday to put the car on their rolling road.

Very happy with the results and not completely surprised as I was sure the car felt faster than 180PS.

I'm uploading the vid to youtube and will update the post when its on. I'll also post the graph once its scanned.

So the results of best run are:
194.97BHP at the cluch and 179.46BHP at the wheels
205.31lb/ft or 278.94Nm torque (DSG torque limiter doing its job well)

So nice induction kit and exhaust and i'm sure the car will break the 200 barrier and may never need a remap.

Video One. May not be fully live at 1080p yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui65OILruyE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIlpGDM9pig

RollingRoad.jpg

Last edited:

M3rta

Mar 20, 2010
Nice results 15hp more then factoryspec is always good. I'm waiting for mine fr estimated for end june ive been waiting for 2 weeks and that already feels like a year lol

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Correct 179.4BHP is the real world figure but the quoted 180PS book figure is at the fly so its still 15BHP up on what it should be. All good for a bit of pub banter!

And yes Ibizaracebrake, the track and the strip is where its really at. Can't wait to test my skills on track with my new suspension :D

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Bet that feels good in the Ibiza. Nice results.

As you aren't carrying massive weight / suffering Haldex drivetrain losses I bet it flies.

Am watching with interest to see what the tuning houses achieve with these.

Remember thinking my wife's normally aspirated 1.4 Sport Lupo was pokey with 100PS, this is another league completely. Spot on!

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I think since the engine is pretty much the same as the scirroco most good maps will get around 215BHP and 300/310Nm with 99ron fuel.

I'm tempted to just go exhaust/induction route but as you can see from the graph the DSG torque limiter is doing its job so this may affect any possible torque gains.. A remap can adjust this limit.. it’s a decision I think I’ll let others do first :) I'm very happy with mine as is. I can certainly confirm that decent brakes and suspension is just as effective at making a quick car as adding extra power!

But yes.. the car really does fly, the time you save in a 0-70 sprint on gear changes really does show. I haven’t done a timed run yet. Perhaps I should get to Pod?