BTCC Brands Hatch TV coverage

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Is it repeated again at all?

I missed quite a bit of a carnage fest by being in the wrong part of the circuit at the wrong time. :(

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
Had to laugh at Chilton's comment on JP, "Basically he ran out of talent".

Ha, you're just jealous cos you'll never be as good as the Platomeister!

5imonharri5

schweet schweet CANDY!
Aug 20, 2006
On another note, I'm adding Chilton to the '****' category, previously reserved for special boy Matt Neal.

:lol: That is the funniest (sp?) thing i've heard in a long time:lol:

Agreed, Jones, deserved more than what he ended up with, he's got some balls. Many drivers would have settled for position given what they were up against, but give the bloke credit, he kept Onslow-Cole honest. Just a shame he ended up the loser.

That was the first TV race thats had me on the edge of my seat for a long time.

Darren must be costing seat a fortune in parts and insurance premiums.
Jason needs to get a grip on Gio, otherwise he's gonna get bitten, and it'll be too late to do anything about it.

The sooner they get rid of them toy cars, the better, I dont watch touring cars to see single seaters tip-toe round a track.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Absolute carnage. :blink: I watched race 1 from the paddock (opposite the SCN display :D ) and when about 12 out of the 24 starters came round after the first lap, we had no idea what had happened. Never seen a BTCC car as badly damaged as Neal's was for a long time. Serious chassis damage and I doubt if they have a spare shell on their hands, as they never had to reshell any of the Integra tanks, so probably thought the Civic would be the same.

Can't believe Darren Turner's bad luck, wrong place wrong time all the time. :( Also feel it's a bit crap that when he is running well, he has to defer to his teammate and back off or let him through. How come Giovanardi's managed to do all he has without any help from Chilton, yet Plato is always needing a hand from his teammate?

Great work by DT dragging that clearly knackered car from Cooper Straight all the way to the line at the end of race 3 though, to get vital manufacturers points. :D That's the sportscar experience for you!

Adam Jones is a very good driver. Really impressed with him. Saw him driving a Lambo in the British GTs and then what he's done in the Toledo. I'd love to know how come Shedden didn;t get penalised for knocking him off at Paddock on the last lap of race 2. It was very similar to the Neal/Collard incident last year, where Collard got slaughtered for hitting the right rear of Neal's car and putting him off. Seems like one rule for the orange blobs and one for the rest.

driveforward

Is at the Nürburgring
Nov 5, 2002
www.driveforward.com
Can't believe Darren Turner's bad luck, wrong place wrong time all the time. :( Also feel it's a bit crap that when he is running well, he has to defer to his teammate and back off or let him through. How come Giovanardi's managed to do all he has without any help from Chilton, yet Plato is always needing a hand from his teammate?

Great work by DT dragging that clearly knackered car from Cooper Straight all the way to the line at the end of race 3 though, to get vital manufacturers points. :D That's the sportscar experience for you!

Adam Jones is a very good driver. Really impressed with him. Saw him driving a Lambo in the British GTs and then what he's done in the Toledo. I'd love to know how come Shedden didn;t get penalised for knocking him off at Paddock on the last lap of race 2. It was very similar to the Neal/Collard incident last year, where Collard got slaughtered for hitting the right rear of Neal's car and putting him off. Seems like one rule for the orange blobs and one for the rest.

DT does seem to have some dreadful luck, and is always in the thick of the action.. I think the comment about Chilton never having to defer to help his team mate out is self explanatory: He's no way near in the same league as his team mate, so is always at the other end of the field (or gravel trap).

Adam Jones drove a blinder of a race, the battle with Onslow-Cole was top stuff

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
The incident at Graham Hill bend with Jones in race 3 was just awesome to see live and pretty much in front of us. Jones car was fully airborne for a while and then poor old DT got wiped out as he made a rather messy landing. :drive2:

I don't suppose he was expecting an airborne assault!!!!!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I think the comment about Chilton never having to defer to help his team mate out is self explanatory: He's no way near in the same league as his team mate, so is always at the other end of the field (or gravel trap).

Oh I know that. :) I was meaning that Giovanardi has had to do it all himself, so why can't Plato?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.