Can cruise control be retro fitted to my MK4 Ibiza

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The short answer is yes it can. As yet I have only personally done TDis but I believe some 1.8Ts have been done.

I thought I would post this info here for everyone to see as there is a pretty big issue in the way on the newer cars (seems to be late 06 onwards).

The cruise control loom (which has to be custom made) plugs into the central electrics ecu (aka Boardnetz) at plug XS3. the Boardnetz ECU has three different versions. All of these can be programmed the same as far as I know but one of them wont support cruise control. Three part numbers are available. 6Q0, 6Q1 and 6Q2. the first two are fine, the last gives an issue.

Good news is its really easy to tell which one you have. Pop down the cubby tray on the right hand side and have a look in towards the diagnostic socket. Above the socket is a square black control unit with two lines of plus on it. If the plugs are at either end then it is a 6Q0 or 6Q1. If the right hand line is int he middle its a 6Q2. You can swap the control unit for the other type, but they are £300 to buy from VAG.

6Q0, 6Q1

resize_image_704907589.jpg

I'll try and get a pic of the 6Q2 unit.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Aha.. I guess this is a 6Q2 unit?

02122008866.jpg

Would explain why so many people have struggled for so long on my car..

Thanks for this thread :clap:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
looms.jpg

Custom made looms, not exactly complicated but helps to have them made in advance. One per car.

damo m8

sounds interesting, do you have the connection diagrams for the loom?

Gorynych

You can find in internet even -universal cruise control units.
www .etaag.com/subcat34.htm

SEAT2believeit

Has anyone tried the kit from kufatec?

It's 80euros and comes with the stalks and loom. Looks plug and play but I need to check if the cars 6Q0, 6Q1 or 6Q2 first.

One question though, they list two kits, one for cars with multi displays and one for cars without. Our Ibiza does not have a central trip computer, I assume none of the UK cars do?

EneQ

Has anyone tried the kit from kufatec?

It's 80euros and comes with the stalks and loom. Looks plug and play but I need to check if the cars 6Q0, 6Q1 or 6Q2 first.

One question though, they list two kits, one for cars with multi displays and one for cars without. Our Ibiza does not have a central trip computer, I assume none of the UK cars do?

I've got one from Kufatec, but to my disappointment they haven't made the fitting instructions yet. But me and a friend fitted one of their kits in a Audi A6 last week without any problems.

But I would still recommend them to other.

SkimpyWan

Unleash the hounds . . .
Dec 27, 2009
Bournemouth / North London
I do it for 180 all in.
Morning Techie,

Are you still fitting the CC kit to MK4 tdi's? If so, how long does it take you to fit it, as I may be interested in popping up from Bournemouth one weekend?

Also, how easy is it to fit a dimming rear view mirror and how much would that cost to fit if YOU can?

Thanks in advance.

Skimpywan

ChrisB200SX

Can you fit CC to 2005 Ibiza 1.4TDi?
How do you control the function, do you need to fit a switch or something to operate the CC ?

nuggo

Jan 14, 2004
oswestry, shropshire
Visit site
Ok so ive looked at the kits on kufatec and im a bit confused! The kits include the stalks, but ive already got the stalks on my car, its just they dont do anything!!

So if i buy the loom thats on there for 19euro's would that be all i need to get it working?

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.