cold air feed in front wing/ side front bumper??

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
anyone put a Cold air feed into a leon wing/side of bumper yet??

i've seen it done on various vehicles but i'm not sure that the air flow over it wont cause the air to be sucked out the feed rather than drawn into it... in which case i need ram air from the front... now if i use the old foggy holes for brake ducting and the cooler is in the way otherwise what options am i left with peeps??

suggestions and any picys appreciated!!!

i could always butcher a headlamp i guess??? anyone got a spare N/S lamp??? broken or not?

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
It is but with all the extra under bonnet space i've created i want to build an airbox/ enclosure for a filter with some nice ram air... i might be getting a little too clever for my own good with this one but as i need to upgrade all my inlet pipework/filter etc anyways for my Hybrid, i thought what the hell... just gotta work out some airflow now... the joys of a motorsport based Education...

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
of course i could just make another of what i have now in 80mm tube but have the filter hanfing out the front bumper or build an airbox in the bumper??? but then i'll have to keep the same style of intercooler??? choices choices...

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Why would you have to keep that style of cooler?

Mine went behind bumper next to my cooler pipes.....took some doing but it went in.

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
but then at this time of year the filter collects nothing but water and sh** out the gutters :( sounds awesome when the DV goes off though :D

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
just a pain in the arse lol... well what i have planned will take 20 or so mins to change between road and trak/1/4 mile events but i'm hoping it'll be worth it!!!

Just gotta work on keeping under bonnet temps down to make it work!!!!

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
I used to have one. I ran it through the hole where the fog light used to be