Craig's Mk2 Ibiza. NEW CAR Page 20 25/6/12!!

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
PICT0020-1-1.jpg

I can't wait to get my OZ's back on mine (see below) I think there great on the mk2. What tyres did you go for?

Sits a lot better than mine - Need to source a few more bits before I do the same

100_0238.jpg

DC

Last edited:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I can't wait to get my OZ's back on mine (see below) I think there great on the mk2. What tyres did you go for?

Sits a lot better than mine - Need to source a few more bits before I do the same

100_0238.jpg

DC

I went for a set of 205/45 Kumho Ecsta KU 31's. Used them on my old wheels and I was impressed with them so went for them again. In the process of running them in.

I love how it is sitting. Get alittle bit of rubbing on the arch-liners on the front but that will stop soon. Ive got a set of side-skirts to fit on my which will hopefully finish the look.

I love your yellow mk2!! ;). Looks in great condition.

Eve

Cheers matie, never in a million years would I have thought to check Ebay..... what a donut..... Already seen dash lights I want, white dials I have wanted for over a year but didnt think existed..... Will get some pictures up of the old girl to so you can see what she's like :)

What do you think of the lexus back lamps ? A little to much, or worth a try ?

Oh and would it be better to PM rather than prattle on in this thread ? :)

Cheers

Eve

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Think Im going to have to upgrade to a set of coilovers and lift the car abit. I dont really want to but Im going to have to :(. Im still getting major rubbing on the front and get rubbing on the rear with 2 people in the back.

Will make it more practical for everyday use.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Right I have hit abit of a brick wall with the car. I dont know what to do next. Ive got a set of mk2 gti sideskirts to go on but after that Im stuck :confused: :blink:.

Selling up isnt an option as Ive spend a fair bit getting it the way I want and I dont want it going to a boy-racer then seeing it wrapped round a tree or in a ditch in a few weeks/months.

So any suggestions are welcome.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Well now you've got it as you want it you could just enjoy it as it is and if you need something else to focus on maybe buy a cheap GTi to do up over a year or so until you can afford to use it.

OR stick a VR6 in ;)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
love your car, looks so sexy in white with them alloys :drool:

when you lowered it did you just change the springs on the same standard shocks?

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
love your car, looks so sexy in white with them alloys :drool:

when you lowered it did you just change the springs on the same standard shocks?

Thanks mate, taken me alot of time and money to get it how I want it. Im about 85-90% there.

Nope I didnt, i got a spring and shock set. Had some problems with rears leaking but Ive solved that now. Got Pi rear shocks and ta technix/evo-sport front shocks and ta technix/evo-sport springs.

Although I think Im going to have to upgrade to coilovers.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
ahh ok,
im lowering mine soon but im torn between shock/springs or coilovers....im running 17"s with 205 tyres, you think ill get serious rubbing with it lowered at 35-40mm? and with people in the back?

thanks

Yep you will get scrubbing. Im running 205/45/r16 tyres and I get scrubbing on the front with a 60mm drop and when I have to in the back I get rubbing and thats with a 40mm drop. Im thinking of upgrading to coilovers to raise the car up slightly.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
thanks, that makes things a bit clearer, do you get rubbing at the rear when the backs empty?
My car suspension atm is totally standard, when I've got even one person in the back, and go around a bend at speed or speed hump I get scrubbing...

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Not updated this for a while but there hasnt been that much happening. As some may know I came out last week to a puddle of power-steering fluid. Power-steering pump has decided it doesnt want to play so Im getting another fitted tomorrow along with a new alternator and getting my brakes looked at as I have a leak somewhere.

So I decided to paint the new power-steering pump matt black to try and give it alittle protection from the dirt etc off the road.

PICT0021-2.jpg

Then at the weekend when its fixed I have my Green Cotton Air filter to refit as it has been cleaned and re-oiled. I also have a 60mm I/D cold air feed to fit onto the airbox. Hopefully will give abit of an induction sound.

PICT0022-1.jpg

And as I get abit of oil in my airbox due to the vaccuum that is created I have decided to fit a catch tank to try and reduce this. I also have a stainless battery cover to go on.

PICT0023-1.jpg

The laser film stuff will be removed when it is fitted.

Then I will get some decent pictures of the stuff fitted and of the car as I havent taken any for a while.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Time for an update.

Car has had its new alternator and powersteering pump fitted. Green cotton filter has been refitted and the cold air feed is fitted aswell.

Catch tank and Battery cover still to be fitted. This should be done for the national meet. Car is in the garage on Tuesday getting my coilovers fitted and a new set of wishbones.

I have also started repairing some of the body work. Practiced on a the fuel filler flap before I start on the bonnet.

Pics to follow soon.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Still have the battery cover and catch tank to fit. As well as the side skirts I have. Coilovers are on the car and they are at a height where the car is practical-ish for everyday use and the rubbing/catching at the front has gone.

Here's some pictures of mine at the national meet.

Saturday:
PICT0023-2.jpg

PICT0024-1.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

Sunday
PICT0047.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

Enjoy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.