Craig's Mk2 Ibiza. NEW CAR Page 20 25/6/12!!

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
PICT0047.jpg

they look so clean!!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Seeing as my Ibiza had been good I decided to give it a day of 'pampering'.

Car was washed on Thursday and the photo's taken today.

Used the Meguiars Quick Clay kit I got at the National Meet for the first time and Im really impressed with it. Going to keep the clay bar regular.

PICT0128.jpg

PICT0129.jpg

PICT0131.jpg

And heres my attempt at some arty shots. (Hopefully I will improve).

PICT0130.jpg

PICT0133.jpg

PICT0137.jpg

PICT0135.jpg

As you can see I have colour-coded the mirror covers but they will have to be re-done as what I was intending to do didnt work.

Now Im struggling for what to do to the car next, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
This is one mint mk2, Looks sweet on the super t's good choice in wheels, not that i'm biased.

Only thing i would do is go for some clear side repeaters, don't like the orange blobs.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Looking very clean mate!

maybe a black roof? i think that would look mint on yours

This is one mint mk2, Looks sweet on the super t's good choice in wheels, not that i'm biased.

Only thing i would do is go for some clear side repeaters, don't like the orange blobs.

Thanks for all the comments.

I have been contemplating a black roof but Im still 50/50 about it.

Wilz Im glad that I went for the Super T's in the end. Really suit the car. Thinking of a refurb over winter, maybe in anthracite. Thinking of getting a set of black side repeaters. The orange blob is in the inside of the indicator, I may try and separate them.

TimR1.4SE

hi,
your MK2 looks mint, especially your choice of wheels, i was wondering if you could tell me how to do a cold air feed, and if you think it made a difference to sound and performance.
cheers

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
hi,
your MK2 looks mint, especially your choice of wheels, i was wondering if you could tell me how to do a cold air feed, and if you think it made a difference to sound and performance.
cheers

Thanks.

Cold Air feed was easy enough to do. I just run the feed from the lower grille on the bumper onto the inlet on the airbox. There is a slight increase to sound, more from the exhaust if anything. Performance wise nothing much, it just pulls alot better and is more responsive.

get the original grill back on.....so so so much better the debadged!

Im quite liking the debadged grille at the minute. Dont know why so it is staying on for the time being, although I am thinking of selling up.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Been thinking of gtting a Mk3 Cupra or Mk4 Cupra/FR. Thought about a Mk1 Leon aswell. But its just insurance/loan/finance thats the issue just now.

Although I still wouldnt mind doing an engine swap in the mk2.

MK3 cupra suffers same niggles as MK2 such as pedal box/rust etc so wouldn't go there, the dash is also evil. If insurance is an issue MK4 FR TDi or Leon 130TDi or 150TDI Cupra/FR.

Get a bank loan over finanace as its a much lower rate, especially if you've been with them a while and don't throw all your spare cash at a motor otherwise you'll have none for anything else and be miserable.

My 2p's worth like - saw enough people crying over finance when i was in the motor trade.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
MK3 cupra suffers same niggles as MK2 such as pedal box/rust etc so wouldn't go there, the dash is also evil. If insurance is an issue MK4 FR TDi or Leon 130TDi or 150TDI Cupra/FR.

Get a bank loan over finanace as its a much lower rate, especially if you've been with them a while and don't throw all your spare cash at a motor otherwise you'll have none for anything else and be miserable.

My 2p's worth like - saw enough people crying over finance when i was in the motor trade.

I was thinking a loan over finance tbh. I lookes at insurance on a Mk4 Ibiza FR TDI and it was only like £450. Which is good for my age/area and the price of the car.

Never thought of looking at the insurance for a Leon 130 or 150 Tdi FR/Cupra.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Over the last few months Ive had a few problems with the car. Since the start of June Ive spent roughly £1000 to keep the car on the road. Cost of coilovers included in that price as they were done when I got my wishbones changed as the bushes were starting to split so I got it done in one go.

Since first week in June Ive had to replace:

Powersteering Pump
Alternator
Wishbones (and coilovers)
Rear brake cylinders
Rear brake shoes (contaminated with brake fluid)
Pedal Box
Expansion/coolant tank
Thermostat
Mot

Im sure there is more but I cant remember off the top of my head. Next week its needing a new dizzy cap, ht leads and rotor arm to fix my electrical problem in damp/wet conditions.

I was thinking of selling up but Ive decided to keep it and get my moneys worth out of it for at least 6-9 months. Im really tempted to turn it into a long term project (ABF lump dropped in). Also we are still quiet at work so dont want to get finance/loan incase I become unemployed so Im going to play it save and hold off.

Im enjoying driving it just now, Grips very well, handles great and pulls great. Thinking of trying to improve the handling further.

So really Im looking for suggestions/inspiration about where I should go next.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
1.4 and supercharger? never thought they could be used in one sentence!?

how much difference can it make?

Well with uprated internals and gearbox 150bhp is on the cards.

I know a Polo 1.3 supercharged pushing out 180BHP.

Then if you lost some weight and got the car under a tonne along with some suspension and small wide wheels to stick the power down you have a right little beast.

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham

Then if you lost some weight and got the car under a tonne along with some suspension and small wide wheels to stick the power down you have a right little beast.

thank you Paul, that is now my plan of action for the next few years :D
get myself a daily run around, and convert my little beast for the tracks!

Craig you should do the same ;)

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Could always make something more of the 1.4. Supercharger might not be too hard, seen a 1.4 charged from italy and i've seen guys G'ing standard 1.3 Polo's

1.4 and supercharger? never thought they could be used in one sentence!?

how much difference can it make?

I have never thought of that. Never thought I would hear those in the same sentence either.

What would be all involved and what internals would I need??

thank you Paul, that is now my plan of action for the next few years :D
get myself a daily run around, and convert my little beast for the tracks!

Craig you should do the same ;)

Im really tempted to do the same now. Id never thought of it or it had never crossed my mind tbph. Id love to buy Orangemuffin's valver but I cant.

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
I have never thought of that. Never thought I would hear those in the same sentence either.

What would be all involved and what internals would I need??

Im really tempted to do the same now. Id never thought of it or it had never crossed my mind tbph. Id love to buy Orangemuffin's valver but I cant.

You'd need pistons, piston rings, head gasket to lower compression, cam, a super charger, pulley system, intercooler and maybe a new intake manifold and a mappable ecu to get the best from it.

Craig my 8'v's going nowhere fast i dont reckon so if it appeals to you when you have some cash put an offer in. A good little fun daily