Cruise control fitting instructions

EneQ

Hello all :help:

Second post here.
I've just received a retrofit cruise control kit from Kufatec this week, but unfortunately they haven't made any manual for the Seat Ibiza Mk4 yet.

Therefore I hope that some of you wise guys can help me out, I fitted one of their kits to a Audi A6 some days ago without any problems. But for my kit I need to know where in the central electronic I need plug in the pins.

This is a photo of the kit
kufatec.com/images/1078_0.jpg

The pins are marked up, luckily as the following:

PIN 26
PIN 27
PIN 28
PIN 29
PIN 30
PIN 31

and

PIN 10, I guess this is for the lighting switch maybe.

The last one is for "Fuse 4"

After some tread searching I found this guide for a Fabia, but it's not very clear where to fit the pins
fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/cruise-control-retrofit

Have seen that "Techie" has made a loom, that are quite similar to Kufatecs kit
i34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/Techie_1976/looms.jpg

I hope that someone can help me out, I would love to have this fitted soon :)
Thanks for a great site ;)

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
These were the instructions when using OEM parts

Cruise Control Retrofit – 2003 Seat Ibiza FR TDi 130

Install a new stalk with the cruise control buttons and connect the pins of the T41 connector (in the stalk) to connector XS3 of the controller :

T41/ pin 31 to the XS3/ pin 5

T41/ pin 30 to the XS3/ pin 6

T41/ pin 26 to the XS3/ pin 2

T41/ pin 28 is wired to the fuse number 18.

T41/ pin 29 and T41/ pin 27 are joined together and linked to XS3/ pin3 and also to pin 14 of the ECU plug (it is between a green/yellow wire and another target)

Hope they help

EneQ

Awesome, thanks - I did not have to time to fit it durring last weekend, but I will reply when all is good ;)

EneQ

UPDATE:

Kit is fitted now. I took us quite some time to figure out where to plug in T11a / Pin 10. But after some googeling we found a very useful guide for a Polo9N.
After that struggle it was "easy".

Only problems now is RESUME does not work and airbag light is - and won't be reset by VAG-Com, I came on after I adjusted the wheel and had taken airbag of.

I guess the resume problem might be caused by a broken / dead wire. Got to get it fixed.

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
UPDATE:

Kit is fitted now. I took us quite some time to figure out where to plug in T11a / Pin 10. But after some googeling we found a very useful guide for a Polo9N.
After that struggle it was "easy".

Only problems now is RESUME does not work and airbag light is - and won't be reset by VAG-Com, I came on after I adjusted the wheel and had taken airbag of.

I guess the resume problem might be caused by a broken / dead wire. Got to get it fixed.

Good job... just sort those two niggles out and your on to a winner! Is yours a petrol Ibiza? I really want cruise control but I've heard its a pain in the arse to fit. Can you confirm this?

EneQ

Yes, I'm no the airbag issue right now. I might have broken something when I fitted it last night, but I hope not! The resume issue might come out a bit harder to fix, but I will update on it as soon as I know more.

My car is a 1,4 16v - I don't know the technical term for engine version, but it's sure a petrol. The fitting is simple, but it takes some time when you haven't done it before. I'm sure that next time it will work perfect and the assembly time would be faster.

If you buy the Kufatec kit, and read the guide that I found you will be well prepared. The hardest part imo is to fit one pin in the white ECU multiconnection-thingie on the back of the firewall. Remind that with this kit you only need to solder one wire! (Brakelight fuse nr. 4)

But for €80 and some hours of fitting-mayhen it's worth the try and it's a great feature - especially when "RES" works ;)

Hopefully someone clever than me can help me to figure out why my airbaglamp won't go away even when we reset all errors with VAG-Com?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
you might have refitted the wheel with the slip ring incorrectly placed at a guess

EneQ

Where did you find the fitting guide mate? Got a link?

Found it somewhere in this thread, it's german - translate.google.com might be your friend
forum.polo9n.info/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=475&p=383436&hilit=+tempomat

I'm thinking of translating the guide and update it with my experiences later on.
Somewhere in the thread theres a link to a gra.zip with images and so on.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Btw, does anyone know how to activate the indash cruise control icon? Or if it's even possible?

Don't you need to activate cruise control in VAG-com even after the fitting of the hardware ?

I'm sure i read somewhere that there is no bulb in the instrument cluster even though the cruise control icon is there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.