Cruise Control Light

pr0ton

May 28, 2006
I took my previous Leon FR (1M) to the dealer and they installed a cruise control for me (manufacturers own, not an accessory one) it didn't had any indicator that would have shown the state of the cruise (on/off). Not sure if any 1M Leons had that.

The new FR TDI i just got a week ago, i have bi-xenons, bluetooth and USB installed and there's also the indicator light for the cruise on the speedo.

Snarks

May 18, 2002
Lancashire
Visit site
Just had a month old Stylance for a week as a courtesy car. No MFD and no indication when cruise control was on apart from the car not slowing down when you take your foot off the pedal.

willyd

In my Golf the light came on as soon as you switched the cruise control on. In my Cupra, however, you have to flick the switch and then set a speed using the doodle on the end of the stick before the light comes on.

Hope that helps.

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
BT kit here and i have the green light my car is from may this year.... and as willyd said you have to put the cruise in the ON position and set the speed then it appears the green light

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
My MK1 didn't have one, preferred it as it was always on. I know mk4 Golf's have them.

Revon

Dec 22, 2007
Glad to see that I am not the only one without the cruise control light. Can see the indicator on the dashboard but it will not light up when cruise is engaged. Oh well, suppose it can be lived with!

flakmunky

Olympic Knitting Champion
Aug 23, 2005
Marmitehampton
It sounds to me as if the BT module (under the drivers seat) must add additional 'silicon' to the vehicle that the standard ECU doesn't have. Therefore it isn't a case of cost cutting on a few LEDs but on the additional microchips - similar to the old Math Co-Processors of yesteryear.

Those of you without the BT module - does the light illuminate when you switch the ignition on (with all the other warning lights)?

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.