Cruise Control retrofit

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Thanks again sean - do you know if Vagcom is needed to enable the cruise control or am I again wrong in thinking I have read somewhere on here that they can allready be enabled?

seantdi

no smoke no poke!!
Jan 18, 2009
ireland
no probs at all!! ya you will need vagcom to enable it.. it can be enabled on the tdi's before the stalk and loom are fitted. not sure if its the same on the petrol models do...its only a 2 min job to enable it with vag com

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ok guys just been and done half a job :(

all disassembled
stalk fitted
wheel refitted
stalks plugged in

blue black wire to fuse 5

where the hell do the other 4 wires go?

blue/grey
red/yellow
black/white
white

Do you not have the manual that comes with it?

johnryle

Hi guys,
Im thinking of getting the loom myself, im no car expert but i can follow guides etc, i dont however have a VAG COM, is it a simply thing to get a hold of? ANd has anyone found somewhere in the north east that do it to save me the hasstle??

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
ok so some pics I took when installing cruise control

Image742.jpg

New style stalk

Image734.jpg

firstly remove the light switch - push the handle in towards the front of the car and then turn to on and this releases the switch

Image735.jpg

remove the fuse box cover and then undo the securing bolts - I aslo removed the small fuse box from the outer frame

Image736.jpg

next I removed the lower section of the dash very easy this part

Image739.jpg

removing the lower dash exposed the hidden fuses (One for AndrewCpraTDI)

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
then the battery on my camera phone died so - will be fitting another one soon will get the rest about fitting the wiring removing the steering wheel and the wipers

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
Cheers for the photos mark, going to order a kit off ebay and get going with it!

Have you VAG COM'd it yet?

ijg1

Cruise Control not working

Can anyone offer any help?

Cruise bought from Kufotec and fitted by experienced cruise fitters. ECU updated and knows cruise activated and clutch and brake pedal also registering.

However when they took out to test it wouldn't engage, tried at various speeds but won't set.:(

Any ideas?

ijg1

Any ideas what they could have done. If the ECU is giving the correct values....

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
I'm gonna do this later in the year as I now have to do a motorway troll each day :(

jgy6000

Feb 7, 2010
Oxford
Just in the process of fitting this now, and it says to run the loom to the "engine control unit in the plenum chamber" where is it referring to?

adm013

Mar 4, 2008
Edinburgh
Under the plastic cover that runs the width of the car covering the window wiper assembly. In the middle you will see 2 connections going into a smallish box, thats your ECU.

Andy

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.