Cupra137 Hybrid II Track Project

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Little update,
Got the new forge map sensor fitted to replace the restrictive oem plastic one and sorted out some pipework a bit too

20130601162013.jpg

Also bought a beader online, for peace of mind once its running higher boost, got one side of the car done earlier, but forgot to take my new Jubilees out with me, so have left 4 pipes unbeaded til next weekend.
Fantastic bit of kit this, does take a bit of practice to get them perfect though.

20130608143646.jpg

And then this happened, (had to stop on the way to work to get a photo as couldn't ignore this milestone haha) hopefully I can start booting it now that its run in ;)

20130608072003.jpg

And decided to tidy up the interior a bit as its a bit naff and marked, so bought some new material to retrim all the headlining and possibly the pillars too, depending.

20130609210856.jpg

Then I got hungry after a days work, so ate all this. (Yes, i am actually fat)

20130602203227.jpg

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Looking good bud, seeing your car ( on here ) along with everyone else from this area makes me really want to pull my finger out haha. Where about in the area you from if you dont mind me asking?

NRM 90

Mar 3, 2010
Little update,
Got the new forge map sensor fitted to replace the restrictive oem plastic one and sorted out some pipework a bit too

20130601162013.jpg

Also bought a beader online, for peace of mind once its running higher boost, got one side of the car done earlier, but forgot to take my new Jubilees out with me, so have left 4 pipes unbeaded til next weekend.
Fantastic bit of kit this, does take a bit of practice to get them perfect though.

20130608143646.jpg

And then this happened, (had to stop on the way to work to get a photo as couldn't ignore this milestone haha) hopefully I can start booting it now that its run in ;)

20130608072003.jpg

And decided to tidy up the interior a bit as its a bit naff and marked, so bought some new material to retrim all the headlining and possibly the pillars too, depending.

20130609210856.jpg

Then I got hungry after a days work, so ate all this. (Yes, i am actually fat)

20130602203227.jpg

Nice where did you get that cool little tool from ?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Get it done mate, been waiting a while to see your 300bhp one. Whats needing fixed on it atm? Well I work in Inverurie so around there alot

Well it was good while it was on the road haha. Basically everything on the car basically was custom made and made pretty badly. The exhaust mani was a cheap one off ebay cut up and rewelded to make a top mount. The welding was done very badly so cracked multiple times until it eventually snapped completely, so, making a new custom tubular mani with a new 44mm v-band wastegate, routing the battery into the boot and generally having a big tidy up under the bonnet then mot.
I really need out of the lockup that im in though as its a bit far travelling from garthdee to mintlaw everytime i want to work on it and when i find another lockup the car will be off the road once more for a full colour change ;)
As you mentioned any chance of the details of the guy who makes the wee tool on ebay, wouldnt mind getting myself one of these :)

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Just finished the 4 other pipes today, its such a good piece of kit. Definitely worth every penny, no questions, and now no more boost pipes popping off. :)

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
So this happened...

m6v3.jpg

Stage 2 on Ko3s, and after a few initial uncertainties I'm now very happy with the results, got it scanned and logged on Vagcom by a very helpful buddy the other night and its all good :p, no worries at all which makes a nice change.

Peaks at 1.4bar and holds steady at 1.1 way past 5500rpm. Going to get a Revo SPS on it and fiddle about with the boost settings so should get it holding a healthy 1.2bar.

Log and graph from the loggings...

f3fr.jpg

1gx1.jpg

Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Very stupidly today Iv finally managed to strip out the headlining and pillars for wrapping. Not something I recommend doing with a hangover though, sweaty mess.

Gonna enjoy its rattles for a while til i can be arsed to put it back in :p

96g1.jpg

wph2.jpg

nqt2.jpg

i525.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Annnnnd its done. Got it done fairly quick, with some help from the g/f too :D

Think it looks pretty good, a few imperfections but hardly anything really noticeable. Still need to plastidip the grab handles, interior light and sunvisors but overall im happy.

wjgm.jpg

gn6d.jpg

78aj.jpg

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Interior looks good, few tricky parts to wrap eh, i still need to get more material to do roof lining. Those rear brakes are fcuked haha, think they are a bit overdue no? Haha