D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Getting really jealous of this carbon. How do you start making it?
Have a look on Carbon mods website there's a couple of videos on there showing how to wrap bit's, they do make it look a lot easier than it is though, there's also quite a few on youtube.

You really have got the CF down to a fine art!

Really looking forward to the pictures with them on :)

Thanks James :)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Had a bit of a night mare with the mirrors, around the edge is a small groove which the resin filled so I've spent the last 2 night digging the resin out of the groove, I've just been out and given them another coat of lacquer and they should be ready to compound and polish again tomorrow night.
I've got some better pictures on the SLR which I'll post up when I get a minute just got a few more bit's to finish off before the weekend.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, I've seen others using lumps of chain, bike chain's and even length's of silicon tubing but not Carbon pipes :)

Joint in the cloth, Mr green fly took a liking to the lacquer.

The pipe needs a little bit of work and a proper polish.

I'll get some proper pictures over the weekend :D

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
They look awesome Darren. Were they lacquered or compound polished? You must be very happy! Well taken photographs too!

Both mate :D
They were wet sanded with 1500 grit W&D, then several coats of clear lacquer, wet sanded with 1500 grit again then compounded with Meg's compound, polished with Autoglym SRP and finally a coat of Autoglym HD wax.

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
Carbon-Fiber-Wheel-by-Carbon-Revolution-1.jpg

Go on, you know you want to... :drool: :bleh:

Click

Last edited:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Can't wait to see all the carbon bits tomorrow mate. Bring a notepad so I can place a order for my stuff :)

It's not all on mate :( I wasn't happy with one of the heat shields so mine will be running current air filter set up tomorrow.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.