done n249 bypass now judder, flutter?

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
evening all, ok so i done the n249 bypass at the weekend following some threads and pics i found and im pretty sure its done right. though now when driving i get a slight judder after changing gear and earlier when goin up a hill in a low gear and changing the dv fluttered like my hks ssqv used to on my evo 4.
something doesnt seem quite right and just wondering if anyones behaves the same now, thinking of putting back to stock but dont want to, :(
heres a pic of it done.

07032010049.jpg

any help greatfull

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
if its fluttering it could be one of two things

1: you have the dump valve on the wrong way(the trumpet should be facing to the bulkhead)

2: you have it on too much of the hard setting

my guess is its on the wrong way..if you have a look there was a thread about this last week shows the way it should be fitted

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
think i posted a pic of ma dv in that thread an was told it was ok, will try and sofen it again as ive bin goin harder to try an stop the slight jult/ judder ive got now. no codes with vagcom so im guessin all is ok :shrug:

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
think i posted a pic of ma dv in that thread an was told it was ok, will try and sofen it again as ive bin goin harder to try an stop the slight jult/ judder ive got now. no codes with vagcom so im guessin all is ok :shrug:

turbosmart.jpg

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
It seems a lot of people are having trouble with the turbosmart DV's, The VAG engines don't seem to like it if its not full recirc. Full recirc DV sounds just as good if your running decent boost, you still hear it through the air filter.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
It seems a lot of people are having trouble with the turbosmart DV's, The VAG engines don't seem to like it if its not full recirc. Full recirc DV sounds just as good if your running decent boost, you still hear it through the air filter.

im with you all the way on this mate,i tried it ages and ages ago but the car just dnt feel rite,it was a bit laggy,i tiny bit of black smoke would come out the exhaust ,stalling ect ect not realy worth it if you ask me,007 all the way runs sweet as a dream,when i used a CAI alond side with my 007 it was megga loud,still loud now with just a open cone filter and the 007,these split r valve and turbosmart things seem alot of agro

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
i didnt have a problem with the car till i done the n249 bypass, the dv hasnt give me any issues at all.
only one way to solve, an thats plumb the n249 back in

I´ve got the same issue on my cupra after doing the the n249 bypass. I´m running the forge 007p valve but still get some fluttering ocationally. It sounds a bit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NB935OPMY

I´ve tried to service my forge dv,new yellow spring fitted , new maf, changed all og the vacum hoses for samco´s but still no results. I first noteced when I had an open filter put on after the bypass.

Will be seaching the net to find some more info but from what I´ve read so far a lot of people have this issue after doing the bypass.

Prebs

Dec 10, 2009
bideford, n.devon
hi mate,i noticed that after i fitted my t.i.p it has pretty much cured the problem. do you have a tip youre self yet? may be worth looking in to. maybe somthing to do with the amount of air coming through the standard inlet pipe :shrug:

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
hi mate,i noticed that after i fitted my t.i.p it has pretty much cured the problem. do you have a tip youre self yet? may be worth looking in to. maybe somthing to do with the amount of air coming through the standard inlet pipe :shrug:

Yeas I´m on forge TIP, forge fmic, k03s, revo stg2 (peak 26psi) miltek turboback (200cell), open cone, EBC (ditched the N75) and n249 bypass.

I get a fluttering exactly like the clip in the post above, my N249 is NOT bypassed either! See this thread for more info:
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260691

If you get the the bottom of it post up the answer!

Yeah I will, ditto! have bin seaching the net and it seems like a lo of people on different forums have this problem. Do you have forge 007p installed? what is your peak boost.( I still get it even when I turn boost down a bit witch my EBC)

Problem with fluttering/surge/juddering is that engine cant swallow the amount of air thats it reciving and when you let go of the pedal the the air will change direction going throu the turbo witch can damage fins and bearings oftyen coused by a foulty DV witch is supposed to allign the pressure inside. But as I heave serviced my DV with new internals witch will say that´s pratical like new. I might try to reverse the bypass to see what the results are but leaving on friday for this years first trackfday I wont be getting it done right away. Hopefully it wont ruin the turbo on track (knock on wood:)

Prebs

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Yeah I will, ditto! have bin seaching the net and it seems like a lo of people on different forums have this problem. Do you have forge 007p installed? what is your peak boost.( I still get it even when I turn boost down a bit witch my EBC)

Problem with fluttering/surge/juddering is that engine cant swallow the amount of air thats it reciving and when you let go of the pedal the the air will change direction going throu the turbo witch can damage fins and bearings oftyen coused by a foulty DV witch is supposed to allign the pressure inside. But as I heave serviced my DV with new internals witch will say that´s pratical like new. I might try to reverse the bypass to see what the results are but leaving on friday for this years first trackfday I wont be getting it done right away. Hopefully it wont ruin the turbo on track (knock on wood:)

Prebs

Prebs - Yes I'm running a Forge 007p and have like you recently serviced it with new seals, Mobil1 grease and a new piston, it' still the same :(

I'm running a green spring. Peak boost is 1.6bar, PSI terms I think around 23psi. I'm wondering if we need a bigger DV to get the air out faster?! I will try a yellow spring sometime, but that's not the issue as it's not leaking as far as I can hear on boost..

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Prebs - Yes I'm running a Forge 007p and have like you recently serviced it with new seals, Mobil1 grease and a new piston, it' still the same :(

I'm running a green spring. Peak boost is 1.6bar, PSI terms I think around 23psi. I'm wondering if we need a bigger DV to get the air out faster?! I will try a yellow spring sometime, but that's not the issue as it's not leaking as far as I can hear on boost..

I´m on yellow spring, running a tad more peak boost then you, around 25-26psi. After some research it looks like the flutter/judder could be cosed by a problem in the brather system and the PCV valve. Might be worth a check. My only prob is that Im runing out of time as Im going for this years first trackday in the weekend.

Prebs

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
Prebs said:
I´m on yellow spring, running a tad more peak boost then you, around 25-26psi. After some research it looks like the flutter/judder could be cosed by a problem in the brather system and the PCV valve. Might be worth a check. My only prob is that Im runing out of time as Im going for this years first trackday in the weekend.

Prebs
Ah ok that's interesting, what needs checking with the PCV valve? Or does it need a new one? That's something I haven't checked anyway, so thanks for the heads up Prebs... :)

matt5831

ive just done my bypass and seems to me like the engine is getting to hot ideas?