door entry light instalation

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
Since my 06 Ibiza does not have door entry light, I want to install them.
I found a DIY, I have the part code for the lamp, but there is no refference to where the cables should be connected.
Has anyone of you done this mod and is willing to help me witht this problem?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
what do you mean by door entry lights? you could wire them into the interior light so they fade out when the doors are shut.

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
I am talking about a lamp that sits on the lower part of the door and turns on when you open the door and turns off when you close the door. There is a space destined for such a lamp.
I have pictures of the lamp and the door card, but I am not allowed to post URLs to other sites until I have 15 posts or more.

Wiring the lamp to the interior light is not a solution, since the interior light shuts down 30 seconds from when the door is closed.

Last edited:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I am talking about a lamp that sits on the lower part of the door and turns on when you open the door and turns off when you close the door. There is a space destined for such a lamp.
I have pictures of the lamp and the door card, but I am not allowed to post URLs to other sites until I have 15 posts or more.

Wiring the lamp to the interior light is not a solution, since the interior light shuts down 30 seconds from when the door is closed.

so do you want them on just when the doors are open or all the time?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
he wants the Leon door lights basically...i was thinking about this a while back along with the Leon rear interior lights as well.

i think the door lights are basically tapped into the door switch live so when the door opens the light comes on

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
yep they would be tapped into the door switch live. should not be to hard to do it would just be a case of using a test lamp to find the right wire

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
I solved the problem, I installed the lamps and they work perfect.
If there is anyone interested, I will post the product codes for the lamps and a little do-it-yourself with pictures.

Last edited:

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
First of all, I am sorry, but because I have less than 15 posts I am not allowed to post any attachments. If there is somene willing to post the pictures, I will email them to him. Note that my car is a left hand drive, so the cable colors may not be identical. If this happends, the + is always a thick cable, connect the wire to + and try with the other cable to identify which pin lights the lamp when the door opens.

Necessary products:

- glove box lamp code 3BO 947 415B (with bulb) or 4E0 947 415 (with leds)
- connecting cable code 000 979 131 A
- connector code 893 971 632

You will need one lamp, two connecting cables and one connector for each door. You can do it just for the front doors or for all four doors.

You connect the wires as follows:

Front:
- driver door: + is red/white and - is white/green
- passenger door: + is red/green and - is white/green

Rear:
The cables have to be connected in the connectors on the B pillar, or at least this was the case for my car, since I have electric windows only for the front doors, so there is no confort computer in the back doors.

+ has to be connected in the black connector, on pin 2
- has to be connected in the blue connector, on pin 3, cable brown/yellow

Mar 16, 2008
Wiltshire / Bristol
Thanks! When you say glove box lamp, do you mean the light that fits into the glovebox:shrug: or is it a different type of light? or am I just being realy thick:D Also, how much did the parts cost?

bogdancristiann

Jan 22, 2007
Bucharest, Romania
The lamp is the same as the one that fits in the glove box, it is an original part and can be ordered at any dealer (VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat) with the product code I wrote. The lamp is about 9 pounds and the cables and connector about 2 pounds.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't know what the standard door fitting is on Ibizas, but the Polo 9N originally got (puddle) lights fitted to the inner surface of the front doors on some trim levels, but VW had dropped them by the time they built the 2003MY cars. Basically, on my wife's car, there is a reflector which can be replaced with a fitting that is half reflector/half light - and it is a "6Q" part number, I might take a loom at the connector on the glovebox light to see if it would fit this new light (which I keep thinking about buying!). The Polo reflector and puddle light will both have "rounded" ends which I'd not think that the glovebox light will have. I should check on my ETOS later when I get home just to see what is offered for the Ibiza.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members