Fitting Golf GT Chrome Mirror Switch to a Leon

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Not sure if anybody has looked into this mod but does any one know if it will fit or have the part number for the chrome switch in the current Golf GT? Looks like a nice and simple mod to put in the Leon add a touch of class.

Mirrorswitch.jpg

Big_Mikey_G

Jul 30, 2009
Birmingham
Agreed that the positions are different, but surely its possible to just replace the knob without having to replace the whole unit?

Will the knob not just pop off and the new one pop on?

Mike

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
It was just the knob I was intending to replace, would go to my local VW dealer and see if I could order the part but will need to wait until March to try and fit it :cry:. It is the same dimensions as the standard plastic one that is used in the Leon and the Golf S,SE.

Would of thought it would be a pull out and push in????

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Would be a nice mod but I would't have thought it would fit. One thing that might is the window switches from the passat cc, they look good and have a chrome trim

I dunno have looked at various pics and seems a direct replacement as the current Golf uses the same knob as standard as the Leon, cannot believe they would do a whole diffferent design for the GT, GTi and GTD far cheaper to repalce the knob????

Window switches out of the Passast CC do indeed fit but a bit more costly as you need a whole new switch array.