Glow Shift Boost Gauge

J0N

Defected!
White_7_Color_Bar_Boost_thumb.jpg

Has anyone got a day and night pic of this gauge? I'm sure I've seen one on here but can't seem to find it!

Last edited:

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
hehe..mine turned up this morning :) pity I had to pay £13 in bloody vat and handling fees :(

edit: found a pic of the black-faced one when illuminated (should think our white one will be the same);

DSC00647.jpg

(image belongs to xd-data-ii)

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
Yep
That's my boost gauge. I got the tinted lense version so when off the full face in blacked out
Works brilliantly
Can also change the color
I have a pre-facelift cupra so the black face one suits

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Lee, have you had any problems with it staying on the colour you want? i have three of these and the colour will stay red then the next time i start the car they have all gone back to blue.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Yeah i'm fairly sure, i think i will have to check again now LOL, just to double check to set the colour you press the button in for a couple of seconds or so?

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
I've got the bar version of this guage. I thought the number spacing and numbing its self is closer to the LC guages. Like others I got stung for the £13 Royal Mail and VAT as well.

turbin

anybody know if I can use the Autometer oil pressure sender I already have bolted on with these gauges?

Last edited by a moderator:

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
Yeah i'm fairly sure, i think i will have to check again now LOL, just to double check to set the colour you press the button in for a couple of seconds or so?

no. You don't hold the button for a couple of seconds. You press it the cycle through the colors - don't hold it
I presume you have not set it one of the two modes that it cycles through the colors
I think you have it wired wrong
The lighter supply is switched and is not on permanent and that's why the color resets.
I can't remmber the colors but you have connect two of the wires togeher and put this to a switched live (this also lights the needle), other to a permanent live (this is needed so it can remember the color you had it at) and other to earth
I see you have it installed in the center console so not sure where you'll get a switched and permanent supply around there. I took mine from the lights and dimmer switch

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
no. You don't hold the button for a couple of seconds. You press it the cycle through the colors - don't hold it
I presume you have not set it one of the two modes that it cycles through the colors
I think you have it wired wrong
The lighter supply is switched and is not on permanent and that's why the color resets.
I can't remember the colors but you have connect two of the wires together and put this to a switched live (this also lights the needle), other to a permanent live (this is needed so it can remember the color you had it at) and other to earth
I see you have it installed in the center console so not sure where you'll get a switched and permanent supply around there. I took mine from the lights and dimmer switch
I have a switched wire coming from the dimmer switch and the 12v lighter socket is not switched it is constant live i have just checked, the colours stay for a couple of days then go back, i pick the colour switch the ignition off (remove the key) and its the same colour but as i have said a couple of days or so later they will go back to blue.:confused: