Got my car back (Big Turbo)

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Surely that would take a magician as to take something into consideration and take full advantage you'd need to have it on in the first place. They can't take a free flowing exhaust into consideration if it's not on the car so you will only get the results that the standard exhaust allows. Recently I fitted an FMIC but when I got my car mapped I never had it so they couldn't map the car based on the fact I was going to get one. This was a limiting factor on my car and why it doesn't put out the power it could. Now I've fitted the FMIC the car hasn't improved drastically as I never expected it to. However come the 4th September it will be another story after it's been back for tweaking.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i think they are going to map it to suit the exhaust and i will run it with the standard exhaust wont be for long and then put the performance exhaust straight on.

i would have thought they would map it as high as they can before they hit a limit which could be clutch slip or could be max the turbo will go to, and if you don't have the exhaust on that limit will prob be the lowest and they will prob hit that limit first and have to stop there, i'm not an expert but thats what i would have thought

jimbo_w

That was you I saw a few days ago around Willen, and then on the way to town wasn't it Mikey?

The back of the car was just covered in soot :lol:

Wasn't you driving at the time either, you were in passenger seat, notice that when you guys overtook me :p

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
That was you I saw a few days ago around Willen, and then on the way to town wasn't it Mikey?

The back of the car was just covered in soot :lol:

Wasn't you driving at the time either, you were in passenger seat, notice that when you guys overtook me :p

Yea mate was me my mate ablert was driving he came back from hong kong for a couple of days so i propised he could have a go i reconised you aswell mate hahaha!!!

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
right got car back... all i can say is what a transformation! its mental! smokes a little but not bad at all.
allards were spot on all good. still awaiting exhaust but should be here soon. gota dash will be back on monday with some 1/4mile times.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yea let us know sooty22 i'm jealous that its not that smokey but i'm booking mine in with jabba asap to have the map tweaked can't put up with the amount of smoke streaming out the back!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
on a scale of 1-10 i would say about 9 the problem is it always used to smoke as the turbo is spooling up but in 4th 5th and 6th it is a constant stream of black smoke, i swapped car with my bro for a bit and when he floored it infront of me it was like really thick fog and i couldn't really see so at the moment i'm just not flooring it!

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
I'm sure you'll be able to sort it out Mikey but it was quite thick when you took me out. Hopefully when I've taken mine back for tweaking it doesn't come out smoking very bad, will make sure I tell them to drop it back if it does as I think I can live with a little less power if it means less smoke. I believe Sooty went for Stage 2 conversion which includes the VT2 which is rates up to 220bhp ish. Can't wait for mine to go back after reading all this.

P.S. Mikey any chance we can see what your old alloys look like on my car sometime as I think they could look quite good :thumbup:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yea mate whenever you want, bit dark now haha but i finish work at 3 tomorrow if your about?? hopefully will be having my propane fitted before the 22nd :D so hopefully be pushing out more bhp and less smoke haha have the cash in the bank for the setup its trying to get a few days off to go and get it fitted then get it to jabba for a re-map but now the car is smoking that bad i need to get this sorted asap but i need to speak to the guy at pi fuel systems on tuesday and devonmikeyboy as i have read in a few places that people have had turbo problems after fitting it and i dont want to rech reliability, need to find out if i need to take any other steps than getting a etg installed??

p.s where can i get a good ETG and pod from??

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
I'll be about all day tomorrow so give me a shout when you're free. Always trying to get one step ahead aren't you. If you have the propane in and it's all running sweet you'll probably woop me on the strip but will still be good to try.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
well i don't know i might wait untill after to see how close it is as we are i have a feeling you will beat me!! dunno why just get that feeling lol what do you think??

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Like I said as long as they get it to around 220 I'll be happy but hope it'll be close. We'll be able to see if or how much difference there is between the rolling road custom map on yours to the live on the road custom map on mine. I do have the feeling you'll beat me though for some reason.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i hope all this diesel racing will be done on a private road! ;)

we will use the same private track you used when you went past that porshe at 13*mph ;) haha, spent hours cleaning my car and my bro polished and waxed it for me and driving around with avrs for about 15mins the back looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a week!! lol nevermind we showed a chavvy corsa and megane who thought their cars were real fast what the meaning of fast is HAAHAH!!!!

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
And what an ideal place too at the home of british racing lol. We also tried Mikey's FR alloys on my car and they looked sweet now he just needs to sell them to me ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.