Got my car back (Big Turbo)

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
Anyone know what the offset is on the standard FR alloys? My standard vRS rims are ET37 apparently so just want to know if I'll need spacers if I fitted Mikey's FR alloys? Sorry to hijack the thread it's only a quick question and am sure can be answered fairly quickly as I haven't found anything using search. Cheers

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Na he hasn't had a run yet so will be good to see what he gets, i havent run since big turbo but i got 15 flat with 176bhp and 314lb/ft i am now running 228bhp and 351lb/ft so i would hope that has improved also last time i had all my seats and spare wheel in this time i'm only having the 2 front seats in and i have some spare alloys with toyo proxies on so i'm going to put the pressures down a bit to get a bit more grip so i'm hoping to get a good time just hopeing the weather will be good or there is no point in going really!!

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Should be interesting mate anyway.. I reckon you'll be looking at low 14's at least.. I'm going all out this time, taking the front fogs out... lol.. Need to put the old girl into retirement with the 13 sec 1/4 under her belt before it goes back... It's done 6 14.0's now, so it's a little frustrating to say the least..
Just checked your mates spec on his posts.. Pretty much the same as mine (apart form the mounts and gauges etc..
DV
Panel filter
Remap.. But his is.. Forge DV, K&N filter and Jabba map (IIRC). Where as mine is.. Bailey DV, Green filter and Revo map.. Let the Battle of the manufacturers commence... ha..

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Ben ~My bro has a golf mk4 1.8t running 260bhp and i can nail him and because he has the k03s he has less turbo lag than sparky22 i have been in both cars and i think if they had a race steve (my bro) would just about win as he has modded so many things which dont give you more power but make that power easier to use and more effective, i have a little trick up my sleave anyway for santapod which should have me beating the other two big turbo tdi's :D well 2 tricks up my sleave but have a feeling one of them won't be done by then!!

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
*Cough* Propane *Cough*
You'll have a slight advantage and if you get your lsd by then as well you'll have no excuses while we're burning up our wheels, not that I do that coz I'm so good at driving (yeah right). Oh good news I got my alloy sorted today so no need for your alloys to be put on but thanks for the offer.

Ben CTR

Still Part Of VAG
May 6, 2003
Open Road...
Visit site
Ben ~My bro has a golf mk4 1.8t running 260bhp and i can nail him and because he has the k03s he has less turbo lag than sparky22 i have been in both cars and i think if they had a race steve (my bro) would just about win as he has modded so many things which dont give you more power but make that power easier to use and more effective, i have a little trick up my sleave anyway for santapod which should have me beating the other two big turbo tdi's :D well 2 tricks up my sleave but have a feeling one of them won't be done by then!!

Nail a 260bhp MkIV Golf in yours??? :blink:
Power/weight would suggest otherwise mate.. IIRC a MkIV Golf GTI weighs about 1280kgs, giving his a power/weight of around 203bhp/tonne.. Yours is around 195bhp/tonne or there abouts, is it not?
So either your brother's is not producing that power, or can't drive as well as you in any way.. I know you have more torque, but NAIL him in my books, means pulling away by a considerable amount.. Which shouldn't really happen... But if it does, then you really nail me too (running mid 13's).. Look forward to seeing if that happens....
I'll give you a run though mate.. :D I went up against Spaniels FR a while back which was well over 200bhp IIRC.. And after me fluffing the start BIG TIME.. I managed to pull past him reasonably easy.. Went well though, that's for sure..:D

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I'll give you a run though mate.. :D I went up against Spaniels FR a while back which was well over 200bhp IIRC.. And after me fluffing the start BIG TIME.. I managed to pull past him reasonably easy.. Went well though, that's for sure..:D

Dans car produced something like 198bhp on Merlins RR on two different days cannot be assed to search. That thing never did run right.

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
there was a mk5 golf at elvington where i raced this weekend it was running 2770bhp and it was sslightly faster than my car, but im still awaiting my exhaust! it will e a right laugh all the racing going on lol.

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo

K03s running 260bhp i thought 240-245bhp was the maximun you could get ???

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Nail a 260bhp MkIV Golf in yours??? :blink:
Power/weight would suggest otherwise mate.. IIRC a MkIV Golf GTI weighs about 1280kgs, giving his a power/weight of around 203bhp/tonne.. Yours is around 195bhp/tonne or there abouts, is it not?
So either your brother's is not producing that power, or can't drive as well as you in any way.. I know you have more torque, but NAIL him in my books, means pulling away by a considerable amount.. Which shouldn't really happen... But if it does, then you really nail me too (running mid 13's).. Look forward to seeing if that happens....

hmmm well actually i can pull away quite a bit from him, the thing is mate bhp isn't directly linked to acceleration torque is so when i'm running alot more torque than him which means i accelerate alot harder than him when he gets back from holiday i'm sure he will post on here confirming that, i mean maybe nail wasn't the correct term but yea i can deffinatly beat him in a straight line race!! but we will see at santapod!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
K03s running 260bhp i thought 240-245bhp was the maximun you could get ???

yep thats what everyone said so he made it his mission to get more bhp from it!! he has changed pretty much everything you can change even down to putting different thermostats in so his cooling kicks in earlier he has a huge custom fmic which has eliminated a few restrictions i.e pancake pipe and also the standard pipework used to sit right next to the engine and pro alloy moved it away so its not attracting any more heat than it needs to his car also revvs to 7400rpm sounds and goes great!!!

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
yep thats what everyone said so he made it his mission to get more bhp from it!! he has changed pretty much everything you can change even down to putting different thermostats in so his cooling kicks in earlier he has a huge custom fmic which has eliminated a few restrictions i.e pancake pipe and also the standard pipework used to sit right next to the engine and pro alloy moved it away so its not attracting any more heat than it needs to his car also revvs to 7400rpm sounds and goes great!!!

cool thats got me thinking:think:

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
*Cough* Propane *Cough*
You'll have a slight advantage and if you get your lsd by then as well you'll have no excuses while we're burning up our wheels, not that I do that coz I'm so good at driving (yeah right). Oh good news I got my alloy sorted today so no need for your alloys to be put on but thanks for the offer.

you got 1 thing right but the otherone is top secret and its the one that is most likely to be done as i'm struggling to get 2 days off to get this bloody propane fitted and then i have to book in with jabba to get a re-map again LOL spoke to mike at jabba and he was saying go for it but nos would be a better option but i just think i would spend to much money on nos so i'm sticking with my propane he thinks 245bhpish is a realistic target and thats including bringing the black smoke down i sadi how much does he think i could get with the black smoke he said he was unsure but he could give it a go and see how much i will be loosing if i loose the black smoke!!

scooby slayer

Aug 24, 2005
wakefield
so how come yours produces so much black smoke mate surely something cant be right somewhere or is it just cos its hi powered, as you can tell im new to the vag scene

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
sounds like a right weapon lol....yeah ya right there about the key to acceleration is lots of torque but the bhp sur backs it up nicely lol.
Well i had a do with a scooby tonight, down a private road obviously and dare a say it i think i had the slight edge on it! not by much but certainly closed the gap down, was great seeing the look on his face when he followed me to see what i had done to my car when i told him it were a diesel lol. it just gets better and better!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise