Gravesie LCR Progress Thread - Back on the road ! :) 29/12/2012

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Been a long time since i updated this .... Again!

Just ordered some coilovers and had some nice man drop me some 25mm h&r spacers off ... 15mm for the front, just need to pick them ones up from my mate :)

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Well the car has gone from standard looking to pretty much how i want it to look in the space of around 4 days!

My coilovers got delivered last monday along with 25mm H&R spacers

My mate fitted them on the monday night, 25mm spacers were too wide, so swapped with mates 15mm

The car was unbelieveably low when picked it up, raised it up on and carbon wrapped front S badge on the tuesday

Dewipered and removed 'Cupra R' boot badge on the Thursday

Cleaned Friday

Pressed plates and stickers fitted after VW Fest on sunday ... So pleased with the way it looks now, looks like a Leon should :D

DSC_0648.jpg

DSC_0644.jpg

DSC_0641.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

This is what your tyres look like after a car full of tents and a ride ot VW fest

DSC_0645.jpg

.... Just need to drop the front end down a touch more and we will be laughing :)

Getting tracked at revolution in Newcastle next week, going for fast road set up :)

George 3G

KW & Weitec
Jul 28, 2009
Herefordshire
Looks nice mate, you've tempted me to de wiper instead of getting a fabia / polo wiper.

Only think I don't like is the wheel *****s sticker, should only be aloud when you have a nice set of euro rims ;)

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Silver one aswell :D

Yeah i know what you mean about the sticker, but im a sucker for it :D

Yeah deffo have to meet up soon ... Hopefully be tracked up and drive properly next week!

Whens yours in for mapping?

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
That looks mint so low at the rear you getting any rubbing ? Can't wait to get my coilovers and new wheels , I had a wheel *****s sticker there but removed it along with all the other badges

Yeah its perfect on the rear like! I get a little bit of rubbing when hit big bumps but it doesnt bother me tbh :) would be no good for track or anything, but i use it solely for looks tbh, not to fussed bout the power anymore!

thay drop looks spot on mate. well done!

Thanks buddy :) gunna drop the front a little more as said

gav_c

Dec 12, 2009
he just running 15mm on the back non up front, i pretty sure he's lowered the front a little bit more aswell:p

Gravesie-363

LCR 225
Aug 4, 2009
Darlington
Well ... It's been a while!!

Since the last time I posted, I removed coils, fitted a 3inch full decat non res system

Sornd her for 6 months and have just put her back with these additions

Full service
Mot
2 bottom arm rear bushes
2 ball joints
2 rear calipers and cables
Magnetic sump plug
New battery
Coilovers
Laminexed front fogs (black)
4 bar FPR
Small front plate

Glad to have it back on the road, missed driving it!

Booked in for mapping this Saturday

Plan to get 15mm spacers for rear and 5mm for the front.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members