HID light conversion on my leon cupra :)

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Wise move :p anyone have the philips bluevision side lights?

yes -see your own HID thread here

but IMHO the Philuips blue vision side lights don't make much of a difference, I only fitted them as I got them free.

looking good sonic -got the 6000k myself. I think these days these imported kits are so cheap ranging from £60-£145 that for the visibilityand look its a great move!

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
Looks very nice! I have a 6,500 kit fitted to my car and I love them.

I can also get my hands on some very nice KDG kits if anyone is interested? Made in Korea (not China as many of the cheap kits are).

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
can i suggest hiding the ballast unit a bit better on the drivers side

wouldnt fancy leaning on it on a cold night with the bonnet up :):)

or pouring screenwash/water over it ;)

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Drivers side is the hardest to hide i've found. Passenger side is easy as it sits under the battery on the battery tray. I have cable tied mine to the washer bottle! Very heath robinson!

Wheely

Nov 19, 2003
The Sou' West
Visit site
I ordered a set of these Bosch (malaysian company not german bosch !!) from ebay. Although they look a great package, the idiots sent 8000K when I ordered 6000Ks !!
I havent installed them as dont want 8Ks.
Typically they have a uk contact answering emails (called Rob) but he writes in very broken english so imagine Rob is a very made up name !!!
Firstly wanted me to send my kit back (at my expense) and I told him go jump. Said he could transfer 5quid into my paypal to cover courier or arrange a courier drop-off of new bulbs and pick my 8Ks up at same time.
Then came the export courier excuses.
Told him to pull is finger out, stop messing me around else I'd file an ebay and paypal dispute against him. He said he'd send me the 6K kit. Still not yet rec'd. If I aint got it by tuesday then i will file the dispute -- the kit i have is marked 8000 in marker pen, 8000k on the box code and 8000 on each bulb holder !!!
Lets see how we progress !!!!! At least he does answer his daily emails (albeit in gibberish)

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
Just stick the 8k's in

they look ace !

still its a good kit and for the price you can't really complain.

I am well happy with mine, even come with rubber grommets built onto the wires so you can cut a hole in the back of your headlight covers that fit on the back so they are fully shielded.

By far one of the best mods i have done on mine.

Just a shame you have the wrong kit.

It will be worth the wait trust me.

First thing you notice is...."the reflection from that roadsign/hi vis jacket/wide load thingy on back of truck is a bit bright"

and then..."is that my headlights lighting up the road 5 cars in front?" .... <headlights off to test the theory>..."oh yeah so it is !!! :D "

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
same thing happened to me i bought a set of ebay 6000k from china when they came they were 4300k :doh: i emailed them but couldnt be arsed to mess about sending them back (took a month to come) so i bought a set of 6000k bulbs for £50 and put them in so now i have a spare set of 4300k bulbs oh well i guess this happens alot !!

on the led issue ive had a set in for 4 month had no bother with them .also put them in the number plate lights(white led) they look amazing !!
well worth a fiver!!!:D

Jamie123

Nov 20, 2006
Do ypu have a pic of the leds in the number plate lights mate, i was thinking about doing this