HID light conversion on my leon cupra :)

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
Just fitted my HID kit, its a bosch unit off fleabay, bout 90 quid delivered but really chuffed [B)]

here are lights on and fitted pics - daytime so you dont get full effect. ( fogs on for comparison BTW )

need something pure white for the sidelights so have ordered a set of LED oure white sidelights which should help.

image003tl2.jpg

image000yp3.jpg

All neat and tidy under the hood :)

image004cu3.jpg

image005qb6.jpg

Last edited:

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
just got back from the first night test ! hell of a difference

they are 8000K lights

its only the dipped lamps, not fogs or full beam but that doesn't really matter

I have 100W retina burners in the full beams and gonna get some 6500K normal bulbs for when the fogs are on

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=280060689252&rd=1&rd=1

this is the auction i got mine from

fast delivery too

Last edited:

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
I wouldn't go 8000k parts as they don't have the length of beam of 4300 or 6000k.

Nice price though. Did they require battery power?

nah no extra battery power, all self contained but as they are only low beam its not too bad. All plug and play though, well impressed. even come with grommets so you can drill a hole in the back of the cover plate for the lights and seal them up...........which reminds me :headhurt:

I like the look of the blue tint :drive1: :cop: :whistle: good for scaring people :happy:

seriously though even though the 8000K has less beam length, i am still lighting up the cats eyes 3 cars in front and beyond.

they even do a 10000K kit but thats REALLY blue and borderline legal 8000K is safe

and for £90.....

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
I must say that since having my HIDs fitted I notice people shift outta of my way as if i'm a police car :p its fantastic!

I like the fact that street signs are lit up so well from a distance which makes them clearer to read.

Ohhh and change your sig as i keep thinking its mine :p

Just need to find some suitable sides and mains now....

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
LOL i'll let you off :p

Did look at those but apparently the heat from the main beams kill the LEDs off :( You'll have to let me know how you get on and find them.

Am trying to see if I can source Philips Diamond Vision in the UK but its bloody hard!

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
LOL i'll let you off :p

Did look at those but apparently the heat from the main beams kill the LEDs off :( You'll have to let me know how you get on and find them.

Am trying to see if I can source Philips Diamond Vision in the UK but its bloody hard!

Suppose it really depends on how often you use main beam

I have probably used mine for about 5 times for prolonged periods (not flashing people through/out the way etc) since i got the cupra 9 months ago.

screw it if they die i'll buy some more, they're only pennies anyway ! [B)]

the other alternative is the JDM black angel eyes but at £160 upwards its a bit much........they do look cool as **** though :)

maybe later in the year.........

Last edited:

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Wouldn't bother with angel eyes as the lighting is infact worse than OE headunits.

For OE lamps their not bad!

I'd like to have a look at bluevision side lights but its real difficult when you can't try before you buy

Nathanio

May 26, 2005
West Sussex
www.w1pcs.co.uk
Oh yes unfortunately. I do around 20,000 a year on motorways and back roads so really the extra light is the benefit for me. My car is about comfort at the mo (still a scabby student, last year of uni) and low running costs. When i'm in full time emplyment (job already lined up!) and my cars due replacement (150k or 4yrs) it will be time to start thinking about kids with the missus so I think an altea fr tdi will be on the cards :D

Diesel is the way forward....you can't run from it :p

But yes HIDs do look the mutts nuts :p

AndyC567

Feb 28, 2006
Did look at those but apparently the heat from the main beams kill the LEDs off

I can vouch for that, as can a few others I know..

The LED sidelights do tend to melt due to the close proximity to the main beams.

First off the Led's start to flicker providing a strob like look, then they become intermittent before failing all together.

Are bright though and do look good.

Anyone found a solution to the problem yet ?

Ta.

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
looking good mate, wouldnt of gone for 8k, bit too blue for me, ive got 6k and they are spot on, i doubt very much your kit is a geninue bosch item though, i used to work for bosch and there kit is 4 times the price of the one you have and the packaging, look etc are completely different, in fact, the kits contents in yours are identical to mine and mine are HID cool

sonic_vi

Toledo 20vt
decided against putting the LED bulbs into the headlamps, A - because they will fail and B - because i can't be bothered ripping all the front of the car out again and they fit in the interior map reading lights and look cool [B)]

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members