How to change a passenger side headlight bulb on MK I FR?

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Quite easy undo the 4 screws that hold on air scoop and lift it up and off (2 pieces), then push in the two buttons on either side of battery holder and slide the cover up and off! if you've done drivers side you know the rest but if you get stuck, just ask!

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
As long as you've got the cold air feed from bumper disconnected you can get to the back of the passenger headlight with the battery in place (if it's the same as the Cupra 180) - two metal clips at either end of the cover need to be pushed off and cover comes off revealing the bulbs :)

Dan81

I got an SE TDi 130 - if its anything like mine you need to remove the battery box and unscrew the 2 screws closest to the outside of the car from the air scoop. Unclip the section of the air scoop (clip is at top left, bit fiddly) and lift out, then you should be able to access the light cluster. The housing is held in place by a clip on each side. When you're done put the battery box back before recconecting the intake - fits back together easier then. Might be a bit different on yours mate but hope it helps :)

hamsterroadkill

Dec 11, 2008
Guys

Thanks for the help. Piece of p**s in the end. Just popped the battery cover off, unscrewed the backing cover and from then on just like my old TDi110 SE. No need to remove the aspirator pipe either. 5 minute job, and saved me £35.

Be nice to see at night again :blink:

Paul

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members