Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Fitted the Anti Roll Bar this afternoon

Annoyingly 1 of the bolts that was sent in the pack was the wrong size but used one of the old bolts and sorted that problem out

The ARB:-
n565500102_4067537_1344.jpg

n565500102_4067538_1684.jpg

n565500102_4067539_2041.jpg

And it fitted:-
n565500102_4067535_559.jpg

n565500102_4067536_947.jpg

This has really improved the handling...the back feels a lot more stable now through corners!

What do people think??

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
not had anychance yet to really throw it around corners, but from where i have driven it, the rear does feel more planted to the road

am at trax next weekend and am hopefully going to try and get out on the track at some stage so that will be its big test

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Just got paid and been on a little spending spree!! Have just ordered myself a set of these:-

501 LED High Power 1W Upgrade Bulb
501hp_lge.gif

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=86&cat=6&page=1

H7 Ultimate HID Xenon Conversion Kit
ultimate_pic-02.jpg

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/store/product.php?productid=64&cat=16&page=1

6000K Anti Glare bulbs!!

Should be here early next week! Good thing was, the person who told me about them advised me of a code to type in that would save me £50!! So, it would have cost me £221.39, but with the code, it took the price down to £166.11!! Saved myself £55.38

Dec 5, 2007
Kilmarnock, Ayrshire
Expensive but look great! Hows the head unit? I would like to upgrade my standard one if the sound quality is any better than standard? I really like the look of that one so hows the sound?

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
the head unit is really good, lots of different options to edit the sound so you can get it right, might have to upgrade the speakers though as i like a bit of bass from my music and the speakers where ok with the standard head unit, but struggle with the Pioneer one!

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
still got the standard speakers that the car came with, arent bad for a standard setup, but i may consider uprating them further down the line, but isnt something that im going to rush to change

No signof my HID's yet!! Should hopefully be coming today though

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Great looking car :D Nice work - like the mods.

Did you go for the H7 or H7R bulbs with your HID kit out of interest??

*edit*
Just read anti-glare.. Me being an idiot :whistle:

Last edited:

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Thanks Dave!! Lol, yeah went for the anit glare bulbs....was all they ahd left in stock as the normal h7's had sold out but had something like 15+ h7r hid kits left

dont actually know what difference the h7r bulbs make over normal h7's

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Looking at the bulb design itsself it just seems to have a black patch on it so that it doesn't get people on the other side of the road too much!

The ARB definately makes a nice feel on the TDis :D sure it must on the 20vts too!

Last edited:

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
yeah has made a huge difference! the back end never used to feel very planted/stable when cornering heavy...done a few track days before i had it and kept having to prop myself up using the door card!! lol

now, the back end feels a lot more stable and im more confident about throwing it into corners now. put mine straight onto the stiffest setting, didnt muck around with the other 2 settings!! only downside i have at the moment is i have got crappy Avon tyres fitted on my front 2 wheels and they are useless when cornering!! am saving up to get soem goodyear eagle f1's fitted so am trying to get through these Avons as quick as possible!

Defintely want coilovers for my car!! i reckon with the forge strut brace, whiteline rear arb and the goodyear f1s all round, the car should handle really well which is what i want.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
Look what was waiting for me when i got home tonight....

6000K Anti Glare HID's

n565500102_4952045_6436.jpg

n565500102_4952046_6739.jpg

White LED Sidelights

n565500102_4952047_7043.jpg

Going to try to fit them this weekend!! Fingers crossed no major problems!!

TDiCupraChris

You have been dieseled!!!
Oct 19, 2008
Bournemouth
Alright dude, it will tell you exactly what to do in the instructions that came with the kit, but I will make it easy for you, once you get your head around it, it's really easy to do!!
Yes you have to make a hole in the back of the head light covers, take them off first, then go inside and make the holes, I used a soldering iron to burn a hole in the back, then filed them down to make a good fit, but you can use what ever you want, as long as you make a decent hole, the size of the hole should be around 25mm, but this doesn't have to be exact, as those blue rubber gromets that are already attached to the kit a quite flexible, once you have made the holes, feed the wires through from the inside of the cover, then push part of the gromet through to make it water tight, you then have the hid bulb and 2 wires with flat connecters on the ends, 1 is red and 1 is black, you plug these straight in to the plug that was connected to your original halogen bulb, the colour wires on this are red and brown, so you go red to red and black to brown, then you fit your hid bulb in exactly the same way that the halogen was fitted, but because your hid bulb has 2 wires coming straight out of it, you have to make sure you give yourself plenty of wire, as the metal clip that holds the bulb in place, has to go over the wires, so you need enough to feed under the clip, you will see what I mean when you do it, it's self explanetry, just pull the wires through the gromet to give your self as much as you need, once you have the bulb fixed, pull any slack wires back through the gromet and then fix your light cover with the clips, then you just follow the diagram thats in the instructions and connect the starters and ballasts all up, you cant go wrong as the plugs only fit the right way round, then just find the best place to hide them with the double sided sticky pads and your there!!!!
Here are some pic's of mine, I didn't take a pic without the lights on in day light, as they look exactly the same as yours, it's just the bulb that you are replacing, the pic with the lights on, they do not look like this in real life, the glare is from the camera, you dont get a glare from the hids!!!
Oh and one last thing, dont forget to put the ignition on to test them out!! lol!!:lol:

Drivers side back cover

HID007-1.jpg

Ballasts hidden down the inside by the fuel pump

HID008-1.jpg

HID006-1.jpg

Passenger side back cover

HID004-1.jpg

Ballasts hidden down the side in front of the wind screen washer bottle

HID005-1.jpg

Here they are

HID002-1.jpg

Hope this makes things easy for you now, it really is simple, just take your time and you will be fine:D:D:D

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
SMALL UPDATE -

Fitted the HIDs yesterday with 2 of my mates..managed to fit them without removing the front bumper which saved a lot of time. Where surprising easily to fit aswell

Only problem is one of the ballast boxes is broken....my typical luck!! have switched it over with the other one and the problem followed the ballast box!! [:@] :censored: what was weird was that the ballast box has a black 'x' on the back of it in marker pen and the sticker on the front is slightly damaged

Rung up HIDS4U this morning, spoke to a lovely sounding lady...[B)]...and had to pay £65 to get a new ballast box sent out to me today and have to send back the old broken one. She sounded as confused as i did as to why the 'x' was on the back. Once they have received the broken ballast box, they will refund me the £65 and the postage for sending them the ballast box.

So at the moment am driving round with 1 HID headlight and one normal headlight...looks proper weird!! lol Got photos at home that i will put up later!

The one thing that makes me laugh is that on their website they state that all kits are tested BEFORE they are posted out to you...well clearly this kit wasnt!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.