lcR results from rolling road

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
hi all. just got my car rolling roaded this morning and i am not very pleased with the BHP.... My car is revo remapped, bf full system, tip, 4bar fpr, divert valve, enclosed induction, and bigger mas flow cylinder....

247.5 bhp

297.0 ft.lb

i was expecting about 275bhp and a tad more torque, you guys got any idea if there is anything obvious holding back the power

thanks owen :censored:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
4bar fpr is standard on an lcr isnt it? If not, which revo remap do you have? stage 1 or stage 2?
Whats a bigger mas flow cylinder anyway?

Also - which LCR model do you have? The 210 or 225 model?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
probably means stage 1 remap then.

Stage 1 doesnt use the 4bar fpr - you need stage 2 to utilise that as far as i know (at least on an LC you do)

Heres the stats from revo's website:

bhp 210 -> 265
Torque 207 -> 285

Therefore you should be happy with the torque figure you got as its well over revo's estimate. The bhp is a little down but that could be due to the "dyno-lottery"

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i went on the modshack website and ordered a new housing that holds the mass flow sensor, the guy said it was a bigger diameter and a polished surface and said it gives better flow reading to the ecu which increases the fuel. probebly doesnt do anything but i thought i would try it as no-one else has(probebly because it will do nothing)

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
well i spoke to the guy at the rolling road and he said it is running healthy the whole way through the range. i asked him what he thought the car needed to make it run better and he said "nothing it is running perfectly" so i dont know. it may only be a stage 1 remap from revo. is there any way to tell by looking at the controller :shrug:

owen

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
no way to tell - the sps device is simply a switch which comes in 3 varieties - have a look at www.revotechnik.com for more info.

For stage 2 map, you need full exhaust system, 4bar fpr, induction, diverter valve, and it would have cost you £50 ish more than the standard map. (i think)

TBH i don't really know why you are worried - you say the car is running fine, the figures aren't too bad etc....

What fuel do you use? Supermarket fuel just isnt good enough for the best figures. Your air filter clean?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah Pabs, i always run optimax, and the air filter is only 1 week old so i am not sure,

as you say pabs it could be down to the revo only being stage 1 and not 2 like the guy who sold it to me said... i might take a trip to STAR and see what they think and if it is only stage 1 i will update it to stage 2.

:confused:

owen

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
as you say pabs it could be down to the revo only being stage 1 and not 2 like the guy who sold it to me said... i might take a trip to STAR and see what they think and if it is only stage 1 i will update it to stage 2.

:confused:

owen

right - are you making this up?

Sorry to sound rude there, but above you said you didnt know which remap it was. Now you are saying that the guy who sold it to you said it was stage 2.

??? :confused: ???

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah he said it was stage 2 but now i dont know wheather to beleive him or not, all i know is that revo stage 2 gives you 265bhp and that is what he said it had, have you had your car on the RR pabs

owen

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i have had my car on a couple of RR's, yes. Due to go on another in a few weeks as well.

I have an LC, not an LCR, so you can't compare yours to mine though. Plus I have a fair few more modifications.

You should know how much you paid for a remap - and you should have receipts. Read them, and that'll tell you.

Then, if you have stage 2, you might want to read about it and see that to get the maximum 10-15% extra (as stated) that you'll need an FMIC as well (or at least highly recommended)

You might also want to consider changing the "flow optimiser" and "boost machine" that you state you have installed, as these actually might be detremental (sp?) to your performance.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
if the MAF area has been changed / enlarged - then the car will read less air coming in that actually is. This will cause less fuel to be put in & the car to run lean.

this is a bad thing.

revert to the stock MAF, run an ECU reset

however - if you can stick up the Dyno plot it'll be interesting to see where the peak power is, and shape of the graph

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
yeah i think you are right , i will try fitting the standard optimzer? to the car and see what happens, yeah you are right about the intercooler, that is the next on my list but cant afford it until after christmas. as for the receipt i am away to have a llok in the pack that i got with the car. thanks alot for your help guys. will let you know wha thte receipt says.

p.s. i tried to scan the printouts there but the lines are to fine for the scanner to pick up but i will try to play about with the contrast and things

owen

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
you will never get 265bhp and 285bhp every car is different and aas mentioned before dyno lottery doesnt help that either i would be happy with the torque and the bhp is about right too i would say, get your fmic and see if that helps by having cooler air and running higher timing settings

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise