LED Strips ADVICE!!!

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
Hi guys and Gals.

I have wanted to make my little 1.4TDI look different AND i HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT thing ( I Think). Do you know whether R8 lookalike LED's will be ok with the CAN BUS System i.e not pop up a fault or have a flashing coil light because you have LED's?

I was goin to connect the strips to the parking lights but am worried a fault will appear but I have got LED side lights and they have not posed a problem but the rear ones did so I have had to replace them with the manufactuing bulbs.

Opinions Please:) ?

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i might be wrong but i think youl find we do not have CAN BUS on the mk4's................

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
:ban::ban::ban:

To be quite fair if you were to put these on you'd look like a proper spanner.
Seems to be the new ultimate chav mod.
They only look right on the high specced audi's and thats because there meant to be there.
DONT DO IT.

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
take it its a no to the R8 Lights then haha:cartman:
I just wanted a cheap, interesting mod to replace fog lights as mine dont have them , but i wanted it to be cheap to do but effective.

and ye i agree the chav system will come on :lol:

ideas on what other mods I can do that dont cost alot

cheers

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Try stuff like aero wipers, stubby aeriels that kind of thing. Stuff thats gonna look tasteful and not slap you in the face and say look ive been modified. Unless of course thats the look your going for? All that wil happen with mods that stand out massively, is that it will draw attention but from the wrong people i.e. police.

On a side note do you have any pictures of the car?

And also how much you looking at spending?

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
I try to post some pics up now just my PC is being a tool ha. erm I understand were your coming from about mods being to eye catching. money wise, well.... lets just say minimum is the best option but al probs spend bout 200 quidies :lol:

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
You need to upload them to a site such as photobucket then copy the IMG code into your post.

Have you made any modifications to it at all yet?

May be worth looking in the for sale section on here as there are some bargains to be had.

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
You need to upload them to a site such as photobucket then copy the IMG code into your post.

Have you made any modifications to it at all yet?

May be worth looking in the for sale section on here as there are some bargains to be had.

if you wish to have a look at the car , av just uploaded some to my profile so you can a look there , and yes av bought a K&N panel filter, zenith grey mirror covers, 15'' brands hatch alloys with yokohama tyres, led side lights, exeon gas blue bulbs, enigma indicator bulbs, chrome gear surround and I think tthats it, av only had the car for 3 months.

f**k didnt know I done so much in 3 months lol haha

oppps sorry for swering :p:cartman:

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
How about colour coding the rub strips or something like that?
Does look quite nice actually.
A good mod to do which will cost you nothing is remove the ibiza badge from the rear.
It makes the car look a lot cleaner.

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
How about colour coding the rub strips or something like that?
Does look quite nice actually.
A good mod to do which will cost you nothing is remove the ibiza badge from the rear.
It makes the car look a lot cleaner.

I kte just do that, but am crap with painting lol, I think it would look gd, but a really am poo at painting, it always seems to run if I do it lol

oh how do you change the avaitar pic to my new car
????

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
I personally wouldnt do the painting myself. Your best bet is get quotes from a few body shops. Shouldnt be too much and makes a massive difference to the look of the car.
As for debadging. If you decid to do it, use a hair dryer and some dental floss. Heat them up to soften the glue then use the dental floss behind them. This way you wont damage the paintwork.

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
I personally wouldnt do the painting myself. Your best bet is get quotes from a few body shops. Shouldnt be too much and makes a massive difference to the look of the car.
As for debadging. If you decid to do it, use a hair dryer and some dental floss. Heat them up to soften the glue then use the dental floss behind them. This way you wont damage the paintwork.

I am going to av a drive round and ask bout this mod, cuz I think it would look gd and very effective mod, thanks

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
On the MK4 it's easier if you buy some replacement rub strips and get them painted before they go on the car. They need to be smoothed first and once they've been pulled off the never go back on properly.

KingSala

Kingsala
Oct 20, 2007
Liverpool
On the MK4 it's easier if you buy some replacement rub strips and get them painted before they go on the car. They need to be smoothed first and once they've been pulled off the never go back on properly.

I agree wit you, cuz thats exactly what the 2 respray shops have said, so on tha note i wont bother doing it but am still thinking about gettin them led strips for the front to put were the fog lights are supposed to go, think it would look gd.

opinions guys?????

fr-tdi

Detailing freak!
Feb 7, 2008
fife, scotland
I agree wit you, cuz thats exactly what the 2 respray shops have said, so on tha note i wont bother doing it but am still thinking about gettin them led strips for the front to put were the fog lights are supposed to go, think it would look gd.

opinions guys?????

my opinion is FAIL

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise