Leon 1.6S.....light tint removed and hada clean, cool pics too (page 13) :)

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
Update **30/08/08**

just finished tinting the lights ;)

083008172350.jpg
:funk:

ja88thfc

Nice one mate.. did you remove the lights before doing that? I have the spray in the garage, havent got round to it yet...

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
yeh thers just three nuts on each light ....not to hard to get on but a couple are a pain to get back on.....then i just masked of the red parts and gave it 3 good coats :)

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
update **04/09/08**

just finished spraying my front seat badge n i think it looks quite good :)

090408152126.jpg

also im phoning a local painter as hes doing a quote for the colour code.....should i attach my splitter before i give it to him so he can code that to or leave it black?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Keep the splitter black man, looks loads better, colour coded splitters look a bit tacky IMO.

They aint coded on a Cupra R lol :p

Jimski

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
yer i ws thinkin to code it red but i think itll look better black and if i paint it it could get scuffed then itll look crap.......so the painters quoted me 200 which i think is a fair price so should be gerin it done in the next couple of weeks :D

StuPDi

old guy
Mar 30, 2007
Gillingham Kent
i would deffo keep the splitter black, simply beacuse of the risk of scraping and ending up looking crap!!

love the blown red rear lights:) personally, i not a fan of red cars, but the odd 1 or 2 come out looking real good:)

keep the mods coming ;)

Stu

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
i cleaned it throughly then just scuffed it with 1200 grit sand paper then just gave it a couple of coats of black...then after it dried i refitted it then masked the whole grill part then sprayed some lacquer...:)

Bosher

good list Daz... I'd certainly put the uprated discs and pads on the list though, I put a set of Black Diamond slotted and drilled ones on mine with ferodo pads. BIG BIG improvement.

Also drop the blue sidelights m8, cos chances are u will get nicked for them. Dunno about yr area, but the police round here getting really hot on blue bulbs now (they nick ya and u can't drive the car any further till the bulbs are changed).... :(

these are my smoked side repeaters with silvered bulbs showing difference to the originals

DSC00154.jpg

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
good list Daz... I'd certainly put the uprated discs and pads on the list though, I put a set of Black Diamond slotted and drilled ones on mine with ferodo pads. BIG BIG improvement.

Also drop the blue sidelights m8, cos chances are u will get nicked for them. Dunno about yr area, but the police round here getting really hot on blue bulbs now (they nick ya and u can't drive the car any further till the bulbs are changed).... :(

these are my smoked side repeaters with silvered bulbs showing difference to the originals

thanks, yeh ive been looking at the EBC brake dicsc and the green stuff pads ....do you think your setup is better or doesnt it really matter?

yeh ive heard that but the cops are not very strict on things like that round here (its only a small town lol) my rear lights look red on the indicator in the day and ive been infront of a couple of coppers n never been pulled ...which i was plesently suprised at:p

i like the look of the smoked side repeats loads more looks alot more stealth...thanks for the pic =]

Bosher

I'm running Black Diamond and Ferrodo pads, don't know about EBC, some seem to like 'em, some don't. All I can tell u m8 is that I'm well pleased with my setup, braking has definitely improved, and they look good too.

Yr lucky then... lol... I got 2 mates who are local traffic cops, so I have to be extra careful, would be well embarrassing to get nicked by one of them. :blink:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
My g/f has a silver Leon of the same spec and I love it. It is the only car I have checked with VAGCOM and it consistently shows up no faults other than one time having the temp sensor issue. Every other car I check, including my Cupra TFSi lists atleast 1 or 2 faults, mainly interior monitoring systems.

Anyway, I rarely bother commenting on cars in readers rides unless it is someone I know, but this particular model is one I am familiar with :)

I see what you are trying to do, and wish you luck, but if it was my car, I would stop your plans fairly soon. The colour coding you have done looks good. You should add front fogs, the suspension and a subtle exhaust upgrade on the back box only probably Cupra style with the twin round exit and not designed to be too loud. Potential performance gains from the 1.6 16v are very minimal and therefore cat backs, remaps etc are really a waste of money.

Not keen on the rear lights as I am an OEM man, and you should really colour code in the reversing sensors. Also, if you can find them and can raise the funds, get some Cupra or Cupra R bumpers on there too :)

The spoiler you want and some of the other things may be OTT in my opinion, they will cost you dosh, and if not fitted correctly, will make the car look and feel cheap.

I am assuming you are quite young, so hope this post does not come across as condescending :)

Last edited:

daz_cymru

Leon Divotee
Jul 13, 2008
north wales
My g/f has a silver Leon of the same spec and I love it. It is the only car I have checked with VAGCOM and it consistently shows up no faults other than one time having the temp sensor issue. Every other car I check, including my Cupra TFSi lists atleast 1 or 2 faults, mainly interior monitoring systems.

Anyway, I rarely bother commenting on cars in readers rides unless it is someone I know, but this particular model is one I am familiar with :)

I see what you are trying to do, and wish you luck, but if it was my car, I would stop your plans fairly soon. The colour coding you have done looks good. You should add front fogs, the suspension and a subtle exhaust upgrade on the back box only probably Cupra style with the twin round exit and not designed to be too loud. Potential performance gains from the 1.6 16v are very minimal and therefore cat backs, remaps etc are really a waste of money.

Not keen on the rear lights as I am an OEM man, and you should really colour code in the reversing sensors. Also, if you can find them and can raise the funds, get some Cupra or Cupra R bumpers on there too :)

The spoiler you want and some of the other things may be OTT in my opinion, they will cost you dosh, and if not fitted correctly, will make the car look and feel cheap.

I am assuming you are quite young, so hope this post does not come across as condescending :)

first of all i dont have a clue what condescending means :headhurt:

yeh ive redone my list not including the cat-back and the maps ect...

as for the cupra bumpers if im paying 150+ for each bumper and then 200+ for paint and fitting at the moment i dont have that much money as im in collage most of the time and only a part-time job.

the "spoiler" i think your refuring to the rear valance thing and its just to beef up the rear end as it where as im not to keen on how it goes in at the bottom =]

thanks for all your comments and advice tho :D

daz

Bosher

Potential performance gains from the 1.6 16v are very minimal and therefore cat backs, remaps etc are really a waste of money.

Sorry but really don't agree with you there regarding the remap. Are you basing this somewhat sweeping statement on personal experience?

I have a remap on my 1.6 16 valver and the improvement in driveability is very noticeable, there is obviously also an improvement in performance, these two factors coupled with the fact the car is also more economical (if I want it to be) in my opinion makes the couple of hundred pound for the remap good value for money.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.