Leon Cupra 225 Ovni Paint problems / Best dump valve

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
Good morning all,

Purchased a Leon Cupra R 225 yesterday, it's a 52 plate and yellow.

Just have a few questions if possible.

It's faded slightly on some panels, so some bits are pale yellow, and others are the yellow it should be. Is there any product I can buy to restore the colour? As it's a bit like having a 2 tone Seat at the moment.

Also,

What's the best dump valve to buy? And what type? As I would like one, but really don't know which one to go for.

Could people also post pictures of their LCR 225's, with possibly an exhaust? As I would like a standard looking exhaust which has a nice little sound etc....

Many thanks, and hope someone can help!

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
look ast some carnuba wax to restore colour, give it a clean polish and wax and all should be good

dv the only one to go for is the forge 007p recirc

look in readers rides section for pics of lcrs, theres thousands

welcome aswell

Mar 18, 2003
In oncoming traffic
Visit site
Nice car, nice colour! Do a search for OVNI or yellow fading, it well documented but the low down is, Seat didnt use enough UV protection in the clearcoat on the metal panels so it fades with sun. Sorry to give bad news, a good polish and wax can help though! I cant say there is one "best" DV but it does need to be a recirc type, a lot on here use Forge 007 very good valve and as a member you get 10% off at Forge, if you really need noise have a look at Forge split-R its one of the few that make noise and doesnt give faults! Exhaust best two Miltek and Piper , cheaper option Blueflame. Again have a search, the Leon FAQ is very good!! Lastly welcome, have fun!!

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
Hi stpete, what do you use to restore colour on yours?

Is ebay the best place for these Forge DV's?

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
Are these the ones though buddy?

Well they're on ebay, the forge ones you mention for 105.00?

Won't let me post links :(

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
Nice, that doesn't cause problems does it? Like flat spots etc? Seena description for one for 105 quid, and it said it wont cause any problems with the car. Is that one the same?

kylestyle09

Jan 30, 2009
"These valves are available in silver only. They give no audible noise, and are a real 'stealth' improvement, often gaining you 4-5bhp. They are a straight replacement and therefore very easy to fit, and also rated upto 60 psi of boost. If you have had your car remapped and your still running the standard valve, you may be losing 10-20bhp!!! "

It says they make no noise, but I want noise lol :p

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
fit a 007p and an open cone induction kit and you will get an audible whoosh, dont want it too loud as itll sound chavvy, you wont get a cossy whoosh on the vag engine

they will cause no problems and will eliminate flat spots due to standard dv collapsing under higher boost

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
"These valves are available in silver only. They give no audible noise, and are a real 'stealth' improvement, often gaining you 4-5bhp. They are a straight replacement and therefore very easy to fit, and also rated upto 60 psi of boost. If you have had your car remapped and your still running the standard valve, you may be losing 10-20bhp!!! "

It says they make no noise, but I want noise lol :p

The noise you want comes from an atmospheric dump valve, you can't fit one to your car as all the charge air is metered. If you fitted one, the ECU would interpret it as a boost leak and would not be very happy.

As suggested, if you want the dump sound, get a Forge 007 and an induction kit. It'll never sound like the dump from a Jap turbo but you'll still hear it.

Nice colour BTW!

Jul 8, 2007
HI dude where you from not long ago i got a exhaust fitted alot nicer deep tone with few burbels i love it slightly larger than the standerd oval but looks mint

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.