Leon Tdi PD130..cupra r front bumper?

SimonTye

Hi People...
First of all I am new to this site and to Leon ownership!
I have recently purchased a 2005 MkI TDI 130 Leon... and i am after getting a Cupra R front bumper on there. Does anyone know how to source the bumper and all grilles and fitments needed?
Hoping to get something sorted out asap as i have week off work!
Hope to hear from you

Many Thanks

Simon

Last edited by a moderator:

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Well they dont come up second hand very often and when they do they get snapped up pretty quick.
The other options are to phone round a few breakers but I think you may struggle there as well.
That leaves a new one from the dealers which with all the grilles etc is gonna cost you £600ish, Oh and painting as well.

joycey4130

same here im busting for one as just bought my self a leon think its got the fr bumpers on not sure which one it is but befor i got the car my friend has a lcr and a wagon skimed the fron passgenger side and he got it all repaired and i went with him to collect it and asked if i could have the old bumper and they gave me it and i sold it a few weeks befor i got my new car sold it for 80 then seen 1 in worse nick go for 250 on the bay may as well gave it away gutted

SimonTye

well...

well in the end i gave up on that... spoke to seat who said they could get the parts for me... £480. then plus fitting painting and labour! so you two were very correct with you estimates.... so that idea has gone out window for now.
new alloys tomorrow (Inovit DTM 18")
and a new re-map. 190bhp....
money better spent there i think....
one day ill deal with the bumper tho..

Nov 19, 2020
well...

well in the end i gave up on that... spoke to seat who said they could get the parts for me... £480. then plus fitting painting and labour! so you two were very correct with you estimates.... so that idea has gone out window for now.
new alloys tomorrow (Inovit DTM 18")
and a new re-map. 190bhp....
money better spent there i think....
one day ill deal with the bumper tho..

Hi. Maybe some one of u, selling front cupra bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
N.a. just a shell but easy to cut out and fix as it's so much lighter
20191028_121744.jpg

Reactions: Connor H

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Are they a good fit?
Fibre glass race panel's aren't usually the best i thought (although happy to be proved wrong).
Cheaper than a dealer one though.

Manic172

https://m.facebook.com/ManicMotorsport1
Dec 4, 2018
Hemel hempstead
www.seatcupra.net
It's looks ok. It was list dumped in place and buts of wood holding it up lol. But then it needs the edges cutting and lining up. Then going to use ruvnuts in to the bottom of the wings or come sort of clips. Then going to make my own crash bar across the front then fix to that as well.

Reactions: Rich.T

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I was looking for Cupra R bumper too and google a lot between OEM ones made of ABS Plastic and the FiberGlass ones. What have I found? Fiber is much more cheaper but it doesn't have any holes or mounting edges already aligned to fit - you must do everything to fix the bumper to the car - and be careful as some don't even have the fog light support points. Another thing is the low distance to the ground, the Leon is a low ride and the front bupper (especially with the front lip) became a target to the road bumps and sidewalks. Fiberglass isn't that flexible and a small touch will break it especially on the wheel arch. OEM ones are stronger and more flexible but the price tag even on second hand is stupid high. I end up going to OEM second hand and it's perfect all these years.

Reactions: Rich.T
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.