Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
Looks like you've done a lot of work so far! I see it's left-hand drive...origionally from Italy?

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
^ Yes it is! I would have never left the Country without my car, so now she's here with me for good. :)
I have to say it makes it a bit more difficult to find accessories like nice looking mats, but it's not that big of a hassle really.
And thanks, I have been doing a few things, nothing big if you compare it to more "ballsy" people here, but I like to think I have plenty of time. :D

Clone, the Brembo discs are among the best you can find together with, for example, Tar-Ox. I'm quite sure that they can beat the standard Audi TT discs any time. If you really want a bigger disc you could go for some Brembo kit or the other, including calipers and pads, with either slotted or drilled discs. Their online shop, to give you an idea. :)

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
Thank you! :)

The M3 mirrors were a sudden idea, and I must say I haven't regretted it yet. I think they look rather particular, distinctive if you will. :D

Had I found them, I would have installed M3 folding mirrors, because that's the only thing I miss of the original FR mirrors, very practical when parking in narrow streets and old alleys.

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
Thank you! :)

The M3 mirrors were a sudden idea, and I must say I haven't regretted it yet. I think they look rather particular, distinctive if you will. :D

Had I found them, I would have installed M3 folding mirrors, because that's the only thing I miss of the original FR mirrors, very practical when parking in narrow streets and old alleys.

that was my only problem when i had them on the mk3 always parked on a narrow street so always getting knocked and scratched and once found them on the floor :cry: but i did like them :D

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
I should be thankful I've been lucky until now! :blink:

*keeps fingers crossed... and toes too for good measure*

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i'm lovin the brakes mate :thumbup:

come along to the april london meet! not that far from croydon and would like to see the brakes in the flesh :)

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
good to meet you today and put a face to the name.

I got the highest results for the pd130's :D hehehe better luck next time :p

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
Thanks Mike! Your car looked mint! And it ran even better than it looked. [B)]

And thanks to st as well, very very much. I can't believe the RR robbed you of 12hp and you still got out of there with the best result! :p

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
Ooops, forgot to post my picture and my graph!

Here they are:

28032009280r.jpg

28032009264r.jpg

Yes, my car was filthy. :banned: :whistle:

I would also like to thank the very kind guy that pointed me in the direction of Gunwharf Quay, I had a great time there!
Unfortunately I don't know your name. :(
But thank you so much! :D

Last edited:

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
Here are a few pictures from today, I treated the baby to a bath and hand polish.

Just to show the guys that saw her on Saturday that she's not always so filthy! :D

29032009285r.jpg

29032009287r.jpg

29032009286r.jpg

29032009284r.jpg

MargheD

I am who I am
Feb 25, 2009
Croydon
I did it on the car. I surrounded it with an old newspaper kept in place with regular white painting tape.
I bought three cans: a primer, a black and a lacquer.
I sprayed the primer and let it settle for ten minutes or so, then the black, let it settle, then the lacquer.

I think I paid the spray cans some £3 each at a car's accessories store on Camden High Street, they're the ones the sell specifically for the car exterior, but I'm sure any good quality acrylic paint will do.

Good luck! :)

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
I did it on the car. I surrounded it with an old newspaper kept in place with regular white painting tape.
I bought three cans: a primer, a black and a lacquer.
I sprayed the primer and let it settle for ten minutes or so, then the black, let it settle, then the lacquer.

I think I paid the spray cans some £3 each at a car's accessories store on Camden High Street, they're the ones the sell specifically for the car exterior, but I'm sure any good quality acrylic paint will do.

Good luck! :)

Thinking of doing this in my two weeks off for Easter! Cheers. :funk:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.