May 31, 2008
Well if you do decide to get rid of your car remember im on the lookout for something a bit more powerfull :D especialy a copper beeza

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Will do matey :) Would rather it went to someone who'll look after it!

Not going to be for a while yet though - need to graduate and start earning some money first :D

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
:happy: Form an orderly queue for Ol' Rusty, gents!

On a bad note, my clutch is distinctly squeaky, I think I may have to re-inspect the pedal box :(

Todd Clayton

Hi im new on the road, just brought my ibiza 97 a couple of months ago, and the pedal box a broke. i have someone to help me with the job, were up to...

all the nuts around the pedal box are removed, the little glove box below the steering wheel, the steering wheel and clocks are out, stuck on the steering colum where you have to take the shear pins out, how do you get them out to remove the actual pedal box.

thanks Todd

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Hi Todd,

Sorry for the late reply! I used a dremel tool. Ended up with the dremel facing the wrong way round (i.e. the disc end faced towards me, rather than away from me) and cut the heads of the shear bolts off. The other option was to use a drill, but I couldn't fit mine in the space.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Good quote from the AA man the other day (friend's car broke down)

AA man: "So what's yours then, a 1400?"
Me: "No, it's the two litre version"
AA man: "Oh. (pause) How do you manage that as a student?"
Me: "Only just"

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
True enough, I've not needed to do anything that a 1.4 wouldn't have needed. Made me grin anyway.

Just taken it for a run out on the country roads. Was lucky enough to follow a TVR who was taking it steady on the way out, and then a clear road with the sun setting behind me on the return. One of those occasions where everything is just right :D

Last edited:

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Just taken it for a run out on the country roads. Was lucky enough to follow a TVR who was taking it steady on the way out, and then a clear road with the sun setting behind me on the return. One of those occasions where everything is just right :D

:D I know just what you mean, i was coming home the other night when this gorgeous blonde came up behind me in an even more gorgeous Alfa GTV V6, sun setting V6/2.0 8v sound track bit of country lane fun, really doesn't get much better.

Bover

May 7, 2009
Middlesex, London
Good quote from the AA man the other day (friend's car broke down)

AA man: "So what's yours then, a 1400?"
Me: "No, it's the two litre version"
AA man: "Oh. (pause) How do you manage that as a student?"
Me: "Only just"

Absolutely love it haha...
Loving the car aswell, the colour is just great... Alps looked impressive, would like to try it one day..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.