Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Shame the Ibiza will be leaving you my friend, have you got an advert and price for it? A lot of your work and posts have been inspiration to myself and others I'm sure.

Mines just thundered past 80,000 miles and I'm still loving it to pieces, really don't see me getting rid, its become a toy.

Andy its a cheap fun car get it bought, its only what women spend in hair cuts and beauty products in a year anyway.............................................

....... waits for an empty glass pot of Olay to smack me over the head :duck:

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Thanks chaps. Don't know about inspiration, but it's nice to hear! Perhaps the pedal box was the crowning moment? Yes, there is a for-sale thread. It needs a few bits doing in the coming months so i'm only asking the same amount that i think i can get if i were to split it for parts. They're pretty cheap cars to buy now, and a good one doesn't cost a great deal to run, especially if it's a weekend toy. I'll still be hanging about on here! Ant

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Ebay. Sold to a mechanic who's giving it to his wife when she passes her test. Shame it's not staying within Scn but at the end of the day, a buyer is a buyer.

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Yeah, it's a shame but the time had come. Three years in one car is twice as long as i'd managed before - tells you how good a car the mk2 ibiza is! Don't worry, i'll still be hanging around on here and hope to make it to a couple of shows!

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Just had a quick look on ebay for mk2 Ibizas. Guess what I found? :D

The new owner has had a go at the rust, doesn't seem to have done the old girl much of a favour though.

Edit: Under 'bad bits', he says it won't go up kerbs unless they're lower than a coke can. :whistle:

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Ha, well chaps, in my best Duncan Bannatyne voice, I'd just like to say "aaahm oot".

It's cheap, yes, but spending £800 on a good 8v would be a better bed. In my humble opinion. :) Cracking engine though, that one, if you were looking for a donor.....

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
No, but it wasn't far off:

DSC00002.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members