Mk2 Leon Cupra engine cover

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I changed my air filter earlier after only 15K ....and it was pretty dirty. The book says its not due for about another 2 years or 40k!!

Anyway, once I put the engine cover back on it felt like there was a bit of movement in it. I never noticed it when taking it of as I just started to tug and haul at it once I had it all disconnected. It doesn't feel like its loose and going to come off. Just wondered if when people pull at the rear passenger side of the cover abit if it moves abit? I would really need to pull at it again to get it loose though.

Poverty

they are ****, the rubber bungs perish and break with heat and movement

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
I changed my air filter earlier after only 15K ....and it was pretty dirty. The book says its not due for about another 2 years or 40k!!

Anyway, once I put the engine cover back on it felt like there was a bit of movement in it. I never noticed it when taking it of as I just started to tug and haul at it once I had it all disconnected. It doesn't feel like its loose and going to come off. Just wondered if when people pull at the rear passenger side of the cover abit if it moves abit? I would really need to pull at it again to get it loose though.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean I can move mine a bit to the point I thought it wasn't on properly but it is. But I never remembered it doing that previously:confused:
Hopefully will be taking it off permanently soon anyway.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
Mine was thrown in the skip a week after i bought my car, thats after i modified the standard intake into the best intake ever:blink:... I am sure DjHorace will agree with that

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
not driving hard enough :p

Ha ha......its not that ;)

Yeah I know exactly what you mean I can move mine a bit to the point I thought it wasn't on properly but it is. But I never remembered it doing that previously:confused:
Hopefully will be taking it off permanently soon anyway.

yeah it just seems bit looser, but I never really checked it before.

They are wank mate mines going in the bin

Mine will be when warrantys up

Mine was put in the loft the day i got it.;)

Didn't waste much time then!! :lol:

Mine was thrown in the skip a week after i bought my car, thats after i modified the standard intake into the best intake ever:blink:... I am sure DjHorace will agree with that

What did you do to it to mod it?

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
it wasnt pretty, i basically chopped it up and gaffer taped it together, but it worked and i could use my car until the dbilas arrived. i wish i took a photo now hahah

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members