Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

So drove it down to Glasgow, it is running fantastically!! Can't wait until it gets mapped to its full potential.

I have just bought a Forge intercooler with all the good pipework for it so I can get rid of the bodged Laguna intercooler :) While I've got the bumper off I'm looking for a new front bumper as mine is pumped.

All in all very happy with the car. Oh and need to get my horn fitted, anyone know how to connect it to an OMP wheel? Basically just to connections for the horn.

Well the car just got treated to a full deluxe valet. The whole car hasn't been polished in donkeys so it was nice to have her back gleaming again :)

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

Really want to get the front bumper fixed now!

Last edited:
Right so as a thing I have wanted for a while, to be able to listen to my music in a hassle free fashion in good quality I have been after one of these for ages, finally bought one at a decent price from here:

http://cdchangeremulator.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=37
front.JPG

Fantastic bit of kit and really does do the trick VERY well! I have hidden the wire in the cubby hole down the back of the radio so it looks OEM too :)

Cheap easy mod for how much entertainment it gives me :)

Just fitted some new disc, pads and also changed out the hard brake pipes so I could fit my proper braided hoses I have had for donkeys!!

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

Yes I know the discs are cheap shite, but they will do the job as they aren't even bedded in yet and they work better than my previous set were! But how long before they warp/crack... Who knows!!

And how she is looking still :) :

IMAG0046.jpg

Just today I also refitted the OMP steering wheel so it is sitting straight, and wired up the horn again as commutes into Dyce everyday (oh if you are interested I got a new job offshore with Halliburton :) ), the horn is definitely needed at times!!

Next job is to get a bung welded in the correct place for my OEM AFR lambda so that Dave can get her mapped up!

So this is very slowly getting updated, but I have fully updated the first post to include what I have changed! ;)

So what has happened to the car:
- New tyres ALL round! Yokohama Parada Spec 2s (ouch!)
- A full alignment! Turns out my tracking was a more track based rather than fast road with -5 degree camber (no wander my tyres dissapeared so quickly!). So this is now changed to -0.5 degree and everything else evened up.
- I now have a horn! Wired her up, not too happy with the set up as I now have a red wire hanging around the steering column, but it works! :)
- Ohh and I did a bolt - nut conversion with some wee shiney nuts... haha! Just because I've wanted to for so long!

581171_10150950827645115_505525114_11924498_438397788_n.jpg

559500_10150950827010115_505525114_11924493_660804976_n.jpg

Now the big thing that has happened is that I have bought myself this:

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

With this spec:

Nissan 200SX Touring.

Reluctant sale due to lack of use. I have owned the car for over 7 years and have spent ££££'s on it over the years.

The engine was fully rebuilt prior to moddification, including new rings and main bearings (since this the car has covered less than 3000 miles)

Moddifications include:

Front mount intercooler and custom stainless hard pipes
GT28R roller bearing turbo
Full stainless steel exhaust (Blue Flame Custom)
555 Injectors
Uprated walbro fuel pump
Tubular Stainless manifold
EGR circuit removed
Head ported and pollished, with inlet manifold flowed and matched.
Turbo Smart Megasonic dump valve
Horsham Developments Stage2 daughter board fitted to the ECU
ACT Uprated organic clutch
4 X Defi blck face Gauges fitted to door pilar (oil pressure, fuel presure, EGT, Boost) with full play back function
Blitz electronic boost controller mounted on steering column
1000w amp in boot with 2 X Alpine 12" subs all mounted compact so the boot is still a usefull size
Groved Black diamond disks with DS pads
Comes with both 18" deep dish wheels and standard alloys.

Body work in very good condition for age of car!

Loads of paper work, reciepts and service history.

Oil and filter change done every 500 miles with fully synthetic oil.

:D So happy with it you would not believe! Considering it's a 1994, the Japs had it all right! More mod cons that the Ibiza!! :D Such a nice place to be as well with full leather interior and the seating position is fantastic! Not to mention the RWD fun! :p

I will still keep the Ibiza but I'm not sure where I'm going with it..! Don't know if I can come to stripping it totally for the track as I like it the way it is. It will be getting finished as in mapped properly and that will be her pretty much!

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
I sold my Ibiza and bought a 1994 mr2 turbo and your right the japs were very ahead of the time. The driving position in the mr2 is amazing.

Oooo nice sideways action car there :)

Stud conversion is interesting :)

Cheers bud! Certainly is fun, and I've had her limited to 60% boost because the weather was so bad! Cannot wait to get back onshore and crank her up!!

Aye, it is so much better for fitting wheels with spacers!!

I sold my Ibiza and bought a 1994 mr2 turbo and your right the japs were very ahead of the time. The driving position in the mr2 is amazing.

Sounds good bud! Have you got a thread on here?

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
Lovely looking 200 mate and in the best colour! I bought my s14 about 2 months ago its stage1 and it sounds lush mines is a T reg with 74k on the clock.

I just need to upgrade the injectors get the stage2 horsham chip and ebc and it will be similiar to yours i need to get it done asap as this stage1 isnt all that great :lol:

Last edited:
Lovely looking 200 mate and in the best colour! I bought my s14 about 2 months ago its stage1 and it sounds lush mines is a T reg with 74k on the clock.

I just need to upgrade the injectors get the stage2 horsham chip and ebc and it will be similiar to yours i need to get it done asap as this stage1 isnt all that great :lol:

Cool! You heading to japfest on Sunday?

Get her done bud! Honestly the set-up on mine is awesome! Love driving it alot like!