Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Well I have all the bits I need to get her running to the full potential. Forge adjustable actuator with green spring. I have also bought a new AEM wideband gauge to fit as I don't have my second lambda sensor in anyway.

The car is running great just now, absolutely love driving it. Getting ~33mpg when going easy with a couple of outbursts which I'm more than happy with.

Just one problem at the moment. It intermittantly won't start sometimes. I believe this to be because of the ECU earth as it wouldn't start at all at one point and turned out it was that. So I'm going to have to try and find a better earth for that.

Before I get everything on I'm going to have to set a night with Dave so that I can just check that she is good to go on full boost. God knows what it's going to feel like because even at 10psi it's quick!

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Good to hear:DBut to put the wideband kit in where the 2-lambda you to be is this the best place to put it?Thought you had to have it closer to the turbo:think:

Good to hear:DBut to put the wideband kit in where the 2-lambda you to be is this the best place to put it?Thought you had to have it closer to the turbo:think:

I don't think so bud. With high temperature operation it suggests to keep it a bit further away. I will see when I get it fitted though.

I have some fault codes from my issue I've been having with the starting of the car. Also have a thread on it here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312826

Code:
5 Faults Found:
18057 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
        P1649 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16487 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
        P0103 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18010 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
        P1602 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18011 - Internal Control Module Malfunction
        P1603 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18084 - EPC Warning Lamp (K132) Circuit: Electrical Malfunction
        P1676 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

The only ones I've seen coming back are these:

Code:
2 Faults Found:
        P1649 - 35-00 - -
18010 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
        P1602 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate

18057 is because I have my ABS disconnected due to my ABS rings being knackered. What are the others about? :confused:

Last edited:
cool what you going for handling wise as thats next on my list???

I still have the rear polybush engine mount to fit, rear anti roll bar, I'm thinking about polybushing everything else on the car, thinking about some new Koni adjustable shocks all round, need a baffled sump, fit my catch can, fit my insulator gasket to the inlet mani and paint that.

Basically all the above plus I have some other things that I don't really need but I would love but I'm keeping them to myself for now ;)

baffled sump backdraft and jabba do good ones
defo the arb's but they are alot of money for what they are
not thought about some bilstein coilovers??? i know there alot of money but ive herd great things :)

I already have all these parts planned out don't worry ;)

The ARB is sitting at the back of my shed. I don't like coilovers. I'd be paying alot of money to get something I don't want. I don't want a low car, just a good handling car with a little drop. It's alot cheaper to get a good set of shocks rather than coilovers.

I don't think so bud. With high temperature operation it suggests to keep it a bit further away. I will see when I get it fitted though.

I have some fault codes from my issue I've been having with the starting of the car. Also have a thread on it here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312826

Code:
5 Faults Found:
        P1649 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
16487 - Shareware Version. To Decode all DTCs
        P0103 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18010 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from ABS Controller
        P1602 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18011 - Internal Control Module Malfunction
        P1603 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent
18084 - EPC Warning Lamp (K132) Circuit: Electrical Malfunction
        P1676 - 35-10 - Please Register/Activate - Intermittent

The only ones I've seen coming back are these:

Code:
2 Faults Found:
        P1649 - 35-00 - -
18010 - Power Supply B+ Terminal 30: Voltage too Low
        P1602 - 35-00 - Please Register/Activate

18057 is because I have my ABS disconnected due to my ABS rings being knackered. What are the others about? :confused:

Right so furthermore with this problem! I have managed to troubleshoot what's happening.

I can start the car, I then turn the car off, sometimes (not always) the car will not start back up, I can also not connect vag-com to the car while the car won't start, I then disconnect the battery and reconnect it (not having to wait for fault codes to clear) and it will connect to vag-com and fire back up.

When I check on vag-com it's just the ABS (because it's disconnected) and a battery fault (due to me disconnecting the battery).

Any thoughts?