Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
They're great on fuel if you're careful with them... but where's the fun in that

Yeah that was 4 laps of the 'ring, ahh, good times. Be good to see this sorted mate

Well well well people how is everyone!? Long time no see! Thought it was well overdue an update for you all!

Basically what has happened. I've left uni, working full time at Scotkart in Glasgow now. Hating that and desperately looking to go offshore ASAP!

I have been driving around in my 205 STDT for a few months. Had to replace the rear axle, brakes and sort out alot of rust for its MOT. Got all that done ran it for a few weeks and now I think the headgasket has gone.
So now I have bought myself something I've been wanting for a while, another 1.9 GTi on Twin 40 carbs :) I will start another thread about this when I get the time.

I have dug out the Ibiza for the day. Took it for a blast WOOOOOW I miss it! She's getting treated to a wash then will be going back in the garage until the next time I come up and get everything started on it. I have updated the first post with what's to be done, also all the parts that are actually on the car just now have been updated...

But yes it has been a strange few months for me, still is to be honest until I get my career started as I don't actually have a flat in Glasgow just now, just living with friends in the middle of town, which proves very difficult to find somewhere to park sub £75 a month..! :blink:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
A wee drive has brought you back, good.
Hope you get your sh#t together and gegt into a decent job.
What's left to do on the Ibiza before she's fully fighting fit?

A wee drive has brought you back, good.
Hope you get your sh#t together and gegt into a decent job.
What's left to do on the Ibiza before she's fully fighting fit?

I've got the new actuator on it, delivering boost alot better now, so just need it mapped properly.

Needs the brakes looked at. New front hard lines and braided hoses fitted, then properly bled. While I'm at it change the ABS rings to sort out my ABS problem.

Need to get round to fitting the rear ARB.

And also need to fit the catch tank.

After that I can't think of anything that needs desperatly doing. Suppose I need to sort the front bumper eventually as well...

tommyk22

Jun 29, 2010
sevenoaks, kent
i know its abit off topic but i was just wondering how you fitted your bucket seats in, i am in the middle of buying some and was just wondering how you had fitted yours and have you got any pics how you have? thanks.

Could i send
My ko3s turbo away to be hybrid'd or should i
Just buy one

Yes but I never see why people do as it's a waste of a K03s if it's still in good condition. Both the same turbo when you get them back..!

Cheapest way would be to buy a standard K03 and convert that one, this way you can keep the car on the road while it's getting done ;) Then sell the K03s after to get a bit of money back!

Nice car mate !

Cheers bud :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.