Mk3 Ibiza Cupra Hybrid Fast road/track car (21/05/12 - NEW BRAKE LINES + NEW CAR!!)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Its a right PITA to helicoil the turbo, aint it Josh. I had to do it last year.

Did you use Nordlock washers? Mine still used to work its way loos untill I fitted Nordlock washers. As far as I know my old one is still going strong since I fitted them back in September.

Passenger seat is in! :) Just got the drivers to do after I've had some food. Going to strip a bit more of the interior as well to fit my harnesses then that will be the inside done.

Still haven't managed to get it started yet... I have disconnected the battery and have my brand new Odysey battery waiting to go in. I'm going to leave it out for a bit and see if the codes clear.

Its a right PITA to helicoil the turbo, aint it Josh. I had to do it last year.

Did you use Nordlock washers? Mine still used to work its way loos untill I fitted Nordlock washers. As far as I know my old one is still going strong since I fitted them back in September.

TBH I found it ok to do. I still had it on the car so it didn't move about at all. Just lucky it was the easiest thread to get a drill into.

I haven't used nordlock washers. I've never had the problem of them backing out so we will see how I get on but if they do I will be buying some.

Nice one Josh, will be good to see the developments with this. Best of luck

Cheers bud!

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Passenger seat is in! :) Just got the drivers to do after I've had some food. Going to strip a bit more of the interior as well to fit my harnesses then that will be the inside done.

Still haven't managed to get it started yet... I have disconnected the battery and have my brand new Odysey battery waiting to go in. I'm going to leave it out for a bit and see if the codes clear.

TBH I found it ok to do. I still had it on the car so it didn't move about at all. Just lucky it was the easiest thread to get a drill into.

I haven't used nordlock washers. I've never had the problem of them backing out so we will see how I get on but if they do I will be buying some.

Cheers bud!
Grampian Fasteners in Dyce have Nordloc washers

Right! Bit of a bummer!

The manifold to turbo gasket is STILL blowing madly!! NOT cool... I think I'm just going to through it into a local boy whos good to let him sort it. May also get him to do the brake lines at the same time...

The seats are in how ever and the harnesses adjusted etc. This is what I now have which I'm happy with :)

20012011254.jpg

20012011255.jpg

The seating position is PERFECT so can't wait to get it running again :)

Liamx

MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)
Apr 15, 2010
Nottingham
Was browsing through Youtube videos recently and found this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbb1JPVb_8U

Pretty sure thats you ahead for the first 30 seconds :)? Cant be many Silver MK3 Ibiza Cupra's in Scotland being thrashed on the track with the same coloured wheels as yours ;)!

Edit: Just flicked back to the 6th of May on your thread, definately you in the video or its an extremely large coincidence ;)!

Last edited:
Bummer but you'll get it running soon for sure.

I hope so!

Hope this gets sorted soon Josh :)

Cheers!

Was browsing through Youtube videos recently and found this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbb1JPVb_8U

Pretty sure thats you ahead for the first 30 seconds :)? Cant be many Silver MK3 Ibiza Cupra's in Scotland being thrashed on the track with the same coloured wheels as yours ;)!

Edit: Just flicked back to the 6th of May on your thread, definately you in the video or its an extremely large coincidence ;)!

Yup that would have been me! Haha. K03s was puffing slightly under full load!

very nice BEAST

Cheers!

No update on the car just now unfortunately...

What I do have an update on is my new D.I.Y. office chair :)

07022011266.jpg

And that I may be starting to get into motorsport in the form of kart racing. The mechanic at work does it so I have storage for the kart, travel arrangements etc. Watch this space as I'm going to look at a kart tomorrow perhaps.

Bit of an update today. The car rolled for the first time in what seems like ages! Unfortunately it was being towed my the old mans audi. Didn't want to risk driving it to the garage with the way the gasket is as it's playing mind games with the fuel ratios.

But yes it's in a garage :)O) for the first time ever! I have lost all motivation to fix this job so it is away for the tender loving care of Ricky Gauld. I have ubber respect for this mans work, backed up by the fact there is a Noble sitting in his garage as well as many other very tasty tuned motors :)

So he will be looking at it next week for me :D And my god even though it wasn't running while driving it I was loving it! The seating and steering positioning is perfect and just makes you want to get stuck in!

Oh and btw I have bought a kart so pictures will follow soon (picking it up on Friday). Will hopefully have my first practice soon!

Got her back from Ricky Gaulds today :) Manifold is all sorted!! :) Apparently the manifold was fouling on the head because of the turbo. I don't care to be fair! It is sorted now and that's what matters.

I have temporarily connected the actuator straight into the system past the N75 and my MBC so it only runs on that pressure. This is until I get a lower pressure actuator as it was boost spiking like crazy. It runs great just now bar a slight hessitation at low revs occaionally.

The car feels great and handles SUPERB with the new front ARB. It will be interesting to see what happens with the rear fitted also.

Plans now are to get a lower pressure actuator and get it logged to see what is happening, see if I can run just the N75 or have to run the MBC still as well.

Watch this space.

Mar 20, 2009
Largs Scotland
What spec is the hybrid turbo mate i cant remember if you mentioned earlier in the thread or not?

I went for CR's and it can spike pretty high with the 12psi actuator on it so was looking at maybe getting a smaller actuator for it.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Got her back from Ricky Gaulds today :) Manifold is all sorted!! :) Apparently the manifold was fouling on the head because of the turbo. I don't care to be fair! It is sorted now and that's what matters.

I have temporarily connected the actuator straight into the system past the N75 and my MBC so it only runs on that pressure. This is until I get a lower pressure actuator as it was boost spiking like crazy. It runs great just now bar a slight hessitation at low revs occaionally.

The car feels great and handles SUPERB with the new front ARB. It will be interesting to see what happens with the rear fitted also.

Plans now are to get a lower pressure actuator and get it logged to see what is happening, see if I can run just the N75 or have to run the MBC still as well.

Watch this space.
Good news min.
Get a 5-6PSI spring and you'll be all the way

What spec is the hybrid turbo mate i cant remember if you mentioned earlier in the thread or not?

I went for CR's and it can spike pretty high with the 12psi actuator on it so was looking at maybe getting a smaller actuator for it.

Running a 10psi actuator a the moment. Spikey as hell when run with the N75 so I'm running it off actuator pressure just now until I get a lower actuator spring.

Good news min.
Get a 5-6PSI spring and you'll be all the way

Trying to get one at the moment :) I think the map will need looked at after because it appears to be drinking alot of fuel even off boost..!

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Running a 10psi actuator a the moment. Spikey as hell when run with the N75 so I'm running it off actuator pressure just now until I get a lower actuator spring.

Trying to get one at the moment :) I think the map will need looked at after because it appears to be drinking alot of fuel even off boost..!

What´s your turbo spec? Did CR ask witch actuator you wanted or did they just fit one? My hybrid (k04comp,2283/k03turbin) got a 9psi but hasnt been mapped yet

What´s your turbo spec? Did CR ask witch actuator you wanted or did they just fit one? My hybrid (k04comp,2283/k03turbin) got a 9psi but hasnt been mapped yet

Not sure on the spec as I bought it used. They just fitted one I recon as the guy didn't use it for long and I think it's why he sold it as it was spiking.

I've heard that a 9 psi works well but I've been recommended a 5 by a very experienced mapper.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Not sure on the spec as I bought it used. They just fitted one I recon as the guy didn't use it for long and I think it's why he sold it as it was spiking.

I've heard that a 9 psi works well but I've been recommended a 5 by a very experienced mapper.

I think 5psi will be to soft as the wg wont hold the pressure comming against under load making it crack as a result of spring beeing too weak.

I could be wrong tho

Any pics of the turbo? hot/cold sides

I think 5psi will be to soft as the wg wont hold the pressure comming against under load making it crack as a result of spring beeing too weak.

I could be wrong tho

Any pics of the turbo? hot/cold sides

Wilz has a 5psi and it works well apparently. I really don't understand fully how the actuator works to be able to contribute. I'm just going by what people are telling me at the moment. I should really do my homework!

Here's a picture here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2875658&postcount=345

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise