mk4 ibiza cupra VAG-COM Logs - Boost issues

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
i'm gonna check it when i've got some time - but can't do a proper clean as don't have a new gasket or anything yet. Might add it to the to-do list - but doubt this would be the cause - this is not really stuttering/hesitation - I get the boost i need initially and strongly - and then it disappears almost instantly, then comes back about a second later, drops again.. and so on until it just seems to clear itself.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Possible fix has been found... certainly improved things! Need to do a bit more work to see if I can get it perfect, but will update when I have more info! :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Ok, well to bump up an old thread of mine, this is starting to annoy me again now :(

Not sure if it is worse because of the extreme cold weather, or just my imagination, but the boost issues are back big-time :(

Has anyone else had this before, and solved it? Please don't mention the map being a possible fault, as I'm sure this has got worse recently - and previous owner said he never had the problem, so I'm suspecting it's a component/pipe or something that has split and is getting worse over time.

N75 replacement obviously didn't resolve issue.
I've bypassed the N249 etc - didn't help.
I've unplugged MAF - issue still exists.

Could it be a collapsing TIP? What hoses or solenoids, other than the N75/N249 etc are involved in regulating the boost?

Thanks

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
I think you attatch a pump with a gauge to the actuator vac line and see what pressure it opens at. Dont hold me to it though..

Might be worth asking Bill.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Is it easy to get to/adjust? I don't want to mess around with something i don't understand.

ahh. yeah, saw a video on google about that. I wouldn't know what pressure it SHOULD open at etc.. might be best leaving it to JKM to look at.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I'm going to try doing some more datalogging when I get chance, and if my laptop battery lasts long enough! lol

Going to log 114 and 115 and check req vs actual again, and this should hopefully highlight that the car isn't making requested boost... I just don't know where I'd go from there. Will try and also log 118 for N75 duty cycle.