Death Proof

Apr 21, 2008
Nottingham
Standard at the moment but i have plans for the future. New body kit and wheels on the cards i think.

DSC00054-1.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Will a LCR splitter fit that front bumper?

front.jpg

Last edited:

holmesy55

Feb 15, 2007
Northern Ireland
yea mate, lcr splitter will fit with a bit of modification. Have a wee search. Loads of stuff on it.

Seems like a good base to work from. If you dont want to get shafted for insurance there are a few mods you can do that wont affect it.

LCR splitter, fr grills, debadge rear, aero wipers. Just small subtle things that will make it look that wee bit nicer. :D

Deleted member 13581

Nice clean car mate.

A set of 20mm rear spacers aswell to push the wheel out in the arch wold be nice.

But as said above, plenty of things you can do on a budget.

Death Proof

Apr 21, 2008
Nottingham
yeh, just thinking about the re-sale price. I'm going to do the small subtle things first. I'll have a years ncb in november (fingers crossed) then i'll start doing the bigger mods.

Death Proof

Apr 21, 2008
Nottingham
OK.... first job on the list, i need to remove the rust and then paint (without taking them off)

200520084.jpg

200520082.jpg

What colour, Black or Red???
(sorry about the poor quality)

Last edited:

Andywest2k1

Nov 27, 2005
Barnsley/Leeds
how you going to get the rust off and paint matey as im also looking at doing this?

Nice car aswell mate. Change the rear wiper, makes the back end look sooooo much beta!

Death Proof

Apr 21, 2008
Nottingham
Tools iv used and cost.
Halfords
Wire brush £1.99
Paint prep wipes £1.99
Mammerite Smooth Black 250ml £5.99

B&Q
Bottle of Turps £1.48
Touch-up brush £1.48 Total cost £12.93

Time: About 3 hours

I wish i got some Axle stands £12.99 from halfords. I dont recomend working on the car with the standard jack for such a long time. Nurofen Plus for the back pain!

Before

Before1.jpg

After

Afterbrush.jpg

Wipe down with a paint prep wipe. Then the First coat of paint

Firstcoat1.jpg

(Still wet! After putting the wheel back on i realized i should have painted closer to the holes)

2nd coat on tomorrow + a propper digital camera to take the pics.

Last edited:

Death Proof

Apr 21, 2008
Nottingham
Iv put the wheel back on and it looks loads better than before. i'll have the 2nd coat on and i'll take another pic with the wheel on tomorrow or friday.

bertrum

Jon, did you paint the front calipers aswell? Get a pic up cause I was thinking of black myself... or maybe white :confused: