Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So today is my 21st birthday! Took the day off and wanted to try out the little car presents I got:
A15B6180-AF67-4D91-8E59-D0CC804E510E.jpeg

Ebay Karcher lance attachment with adapters and a set of Nighteye LEDs to use in my full beam.
Gave the car a quick clean, nothing major, just used up the last of my snow foam and rinsed off the loose dirt. Until my snow foam lance began to play up on me, only drawing the mixture through at random points so will have to strip the lance down and give it a look over. Left the car with a uneven coating snowfoam.

Cleaned it all off with the new attachment, works pretty well for an Ebay special, makes the small Karcher K2 seem a bit more pressurised. Can’t upload an “After” photo of cleaning as the file is too big:sleeping:.

Next was the task of fitting the Nighteyes, pretty simple installation tbh, got the updated version of them so they don’t have the big fan on the back and the oem bulb covers still fit perfectly on the back. Ended up dropping one of the adapters into the headlight at one point so had to engineer a solution to get it out again:
9E7DF5BF-D9FE-4786-9CF5-95381088800D.jpeg

Splits into 2 parts with a simple twist
84E44308-9A57-4CC0-89EF-DB36F28F2E08.jpeg

Engineering at its finest
E4B1F124-9ABF-4559-8BD4-438D0E971B7B.jpeg

Managed to scoop it back to the edge again, my invention worked perfectly.
8EE2ABC2-1BC4-4ACE-A2F6-AB58D00406BA.jpeg

Adapter in position, just have to then fit the LED unit in place, and plug it in the right way.
31E9ECE4-FAA9-4B94-9566-F6DFAECCF42B.jpeg

Osram Cool Blue Intense Dipped beam and the new Nighteye High Beam up close.

Got another delivery the other day too. As I start most mornings driving at 6:30am, I invested in a screen cover to let me keep some precious sleep time on frosty mornings.

Done for today, was starting to get fairly chilly when I finished up so glad I put the cover on. Next purchase will be the wheel spacers, been looking forward to purchasing these for a while but just couldn’t find an excuse to click buy but suppose when it’s your birthday you don’t feel as guilty for treating yourself!

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Delivery arrival!
67FDCDC8-850D-4CC2-A479-D666E8CB5E42.jpeg

Taken all my remaining work holidays up right before the official christmas holidays so now I’m off till the start of January, happy days!
Spacers have arrived, just need to buy some fresh copper grease before installation.
Also ordered a 5L container of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam to renew my stock. I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about it so can’t wait to try it.
2 new Pioneer front door speakers with the correct adapters and soundproofing for inside the door skins have also been purchased. One of my speakers blew out on me a couple of months ago so going to attempt the dreaded door card removal following Techie’s guide. (Changed a mk4 window reg before so fingers crossed its not any harder than that).
More updates soon!

Aidanr97

Nov 25, 2018
Doncaster/Leeds
Delivery arrival! View attachment 3255
Taken all my remaining work holidays up right before the official christmas holidays so now I’m off till the start of January, happy days!
Spacers have arrived, just need to buy some fresh copper grease before installation.
Also ordered a 5L container of Bilt Hamber Auto Foam to renew my stock. I’ve heard nothing but good reviews about it so can’t wait to try it.
2 new Pioneer front door speakers with the correct adapters and soundproofing for inside the door skins have also been purchased. One of my speakers blew out on me a couple of months ago so going to attempt the dreaded door card removal following Techie’s guide. (Changed a mk4 window reg before so fingers crossed its not any harder than that).
More updates soon!

I've used autofoam for the last few years, quality stuff mate :)

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Happy belated birthday buddy! You're too young for my liking haha making me feel old at 34...

Seems like your bday was a success, looking forward to seeing how the spacers look, did you go the same thickness for both front and back or more on the back?

Not tried BH snow foam yet, currently rolling through Auto Finesse Avalanche which isn't that great in my opinion.

Good luck with the door card lol

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Happy belated birthday buddy! You're too young for my liking haha making me feel old at 34...

Seems like your bday was a success, looking forward to seeing how the spacers look, did you go the same thickness for both front and back or more on the back?

Not tried BH snow foam yet, currently rolling through Auto Finesse Avalanche which isn't that great in my opinion.

Good luck with the door card lol
Cheers mate! Haha, it won’t be long till I am at that age.

Spacers are 20mm front and 25mm back, seen a few running this setup and I really liked the way the ibiza sat with them on.

I was using AF Avalanche just there, I agree with you, it isn’t the best. I also had Autobrite Magnifoam too which I liked but it’s expensive stuff for only a 500ml bottle.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Nice looking car. Black is a tough colour to keep at its best! The AF snowfoam isnt great, ive just been using it and its a bit thin... I'll be trying something else next time.

Out of interest whats the splitter? Looks really good, subtle but effective.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Nice looking car. Black is a tough colour to keep at its best! The AF snowfoam isnt great, ive just been using it and its a bit thin... I'll be trying something else next time.

Out of interest whats the splitter? Looks really good, subtle but effective.
Thanks very much! I ended up mixing the ratio of the AF snow foam around 100ml foam : 500-600ml water in my lance and that made it a bit thicker. The Bilt Hamber stuff is suppose to be quite thin but have a much better cleaning ability to pull the dirt off.

The splitter is an oem Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra R splitter, few self tappers to hold it in place, trim the ends off and it really cleans up the look of the front end. Probably my favourite little mod to date!

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Thanks very much! I ended up mixing the ratio of the AF snow foam around 100ml foam : 500-600ml water in my lance and that made it a bit thicker. The Bilt Hamber stuff is suppose to be quite thin but have a much better cleaning ability to pull the dirt off.

The splitter is an oem Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra R splitter, few self tappers to hold it in place, trim the ends off and it really cleans up the look of the front end. Probably my favourite little mod to date!

The obsession wax is my normal go to for snow foam generally a good cling and dirt pull mix is smaller water to SF as well. Might be worth a look.

I was just wondering if it was a Leon one, looking at one for my mk2 pre facelift and don’t like the options available and wondering if the facelift one would fit. Given you’ve managed to get it on an Ibiza is imagine it’s fine!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The obsession wax is my normal go to for snow foam generally a good cling and dirt pull mix is smaller water to SF as well. Might be worth a look.

I was just wondering if it was a Leon one, looking at one for my mk2 pre facelift and don’t like the options available and wondering if the facelift one would fit. Given you’ve managed to get it on an Ibiza is imagine it’s fine!

Cheers.

We talking this stuff - https://www.obsessionwax.com/blizzard-snowfoam-500ml/

I am nearly at the end of mine thankfully so need a new one to try lol

How much did you have to trim off to get it to look flush?

@Sharpy do you not like the TRC front splitter for the MK2 Leon?

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
We talking this stuff - https://www.obsessionwax.com/blizzard-snowfoam-500ml/

I am nearly at the end of mine thankfully so need a new one to try lol

How much did you have to trim off to get it to look flush?

@Sharpy do you not like the TRC front splitter for the MK2 Leon?

Thats the SF i use, worth a go.

I like the TRC one but they dont do one for my car as its not the more aggressive looking front end like yours its the "standard" bumpers so it doesnt work.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

I seemed to have burnt through the litre lance bottle in 2 washes. The Autobrite one lasted about 8 washes on the same setting.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
So the spacers went on tonight! Need to ignore the amount of dirt that currently coats the car. Still in the process of stripping and rebuilding the lance and waiting for the new snow foam to arrive.
Before:
CE61411D-3310-4051-8047-483996C9C63F.jpeg

After:
EA511629-B24D-432A-B922-33B2B15AB6A0.jpeg

It’s very wide now hahaha, can’t wait to see it in the daylight. Think I’ll order some 15mm spacers too just incase I change my mind and want to run it lower next year, as the body will catch the wheels if I run it with the way it is now, or run a 195/40 tyre for some serious fitment, OR find some aftermarket wheels with a different offset....decisions decisions.

Here’s a booty shot:
87063409-69BA-46DE-94FF-438A2E95A493.jpeg

Next on the agenda:
Speakers have just arrived today, which means the day is getting closer where the door cards are gonna have to come off. Will tackle this next week some time I suppose.

Car could do with another alignment, been around 6 months since I last had it done and there is some uneven wear on the tyres. With the spacers on now, I believe this won’t help the situation either. I’ll have to get it booked in.

Dunno what else I have to go at while I’m off! I do have a non-genuine spoiler and set of sideskirts in primer sitting in my room for over 6 months now that could do with being sent to paint. Might pop down to the coachworks for a quote on them. Unsure if I want to run the non-genuine sideskirts due to the size of them, but the spoiler will really transform the back.

Last edited:

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Looks good with the spacers, really helps with the stance of the car.

Sharpy

Oct 2, 2018
Cheers mate, yeah can’t wait to see it in the daylight, probably looks ridiculous from the rear but do love a wide look

I’d go with unique. Love my Leon with the spacers, changed the whole car. It’ll look much more aggressive generally!

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Got my lance stripped down, cleaned and rebuilt today, to give the car a well overdue clean. I tried out the Bilt Hamber foam using a dilution of 100ml foam - 600ml water and found it a bit too diluted, less like foam but still worked perfectly for pulling the heavy dirt off before hand washing. Maybe someone with experience with Bilt Hamber could possibly tell me a better ratio?
Picture while the foam was doing its thing:
EE2338FF-E1D1-4BAB-92AC-B714E5046A78.jpeg

Considering I only gave the car a snow foam, and hand wash, the car came up quite well given the amount of dirt that was on it previously. Took a few photos with the new wheel spacers on too...
A539018C-EFB0-47E4-8387-4CA7E82E6B98.jpeg

4D272982-D868-4571-BC51-FE56AEF7CD52.jpeg

3787FE3C-D61B-49DC-B6FD-2366F9ED83B6.jpeg

Last edited:

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Thats a perfect stance.
Yeah it sits pretty good now, apart from the fact I’m 90% certain when I drove home the other day, my wheel touched the arch going over a bump:thumbd: Gonna leave it right now, but I have ordered a set of 15mm spacers for the front to switch the backs to the 20mm incase it is reoccurring as I’m definitely not raising the height!