Mk5 Ibiza 6j 2.0tdi FR

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Hey everyone, been a member on the site since I picked up my Ibiza just around a year ago and never thought to create a thread until now. Seeing as though the 2.0tdi ibizas are a dying breed, I thought I’d see if I could find some other owners or people interested in them.

Few modifications over the past year, and many more to come!

Car when first bought: November 2017
2DC0FC25-D6F4-4E6B-BB80-4BF0D80A00FD.jpeg

One year on: 2018
D032911D-274E-42AB-9281-2C8C0BCE63BF.jpeg

Two years on: 2019
8E630B31-96F3-4FEA-A173-734788FE7F5B.jpeg

(Almost) 3 years on: 2020
BBB6DDEF-609C-4039-B470-B2F1F9572324.jpeg

“Thought I would’ve been a little further on with mods in the space of a year but being only 20 on apprentice wages, money has to be budgetted in order to get by. Means I will hopefully have some good content coming in the following year!” -

Main mods being:
Seat Leon Cupra R Splitter
STX Coilovers
2 Remaps
- 1) Egr+dpf in place
- 2) Egr+dpf not in place:happy:
LED lights all around excluding headlights
Blacked out front grill
Black wing mirror covers
Tinted private plate
Wind Deflectors

Probs some smaller stuff I’ve missed out, but if I remember I’ll add it in.

Future Mods to keep me occupied:
* Documented throughout the thread *

Would love to know if people would be genuinely interested in seeing more of this. Always take pride in my cars and hope to show this to like-minded enthusiasts!

Cheers
- Joe

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That's some transformation, your car looks great! Love the alloys and the hint of yellow is a nice addition

You've got some expensive mods coming up lol

More importantly that's some nice beading you've got going there! I like a good detailed car!

Keep it all coming!

jdmsx

Away washing the car
That's some transformation, your car looks great! Love the alloys and the hint of yellow is a nice addition

You've got some expensive mods coming up lol

More importantly that's some nice beading you've got going there! I like a good detailed car!

Keep it all coming!
Cheers mate! All in due course haha, and yes I wash my car religiously each weekend, but it’s due a fresh polish and wax to try protect it for a few months now, hate washing it each weekend when the weather is like it is, especially as I live in a rural, farm surrounded area, lots of mud on the road.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Lovely transformation mate, I bet it goes like a little rocket!
Thank you! Yeah it goes well and returns good mpg which is a win win. Still to stick it on a dyno and get a true figure of the power but it should be in the region of 190hp/400nm. I do want to get it above the 200hp mark at some point, it’s too close not to be tempted:roflmao:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Cheers mate! All in due course haha, and yes I wash my car religiously each weekend, but it’s due a fresh polish and wax to try protect it for a few months now, hate washing it each weekend when the weather is like it is, especially as I live in a rural, farm surrounded area, lots of mud on the road.
Wow that's worse than me lol every week is a challenge like you mentioned at this time of year!

What products do you use if you don't mind me asking?

And yes... you need to hit 200bhp haha

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Wow that's worse than me lol every week is a challenge like you mentioned at this time of year!

What products do you use if you don't mind me asking?

And yes... you need to hit 200bhp haha
I’m a bit ocd haha, I’ll take a photo of it as it stands now after a week of driving to work soon.

I use a mixture of 3 brands at the moment. I’ve had autoglym super resin polish since I got my first car haha, but mainly used Autofinesse products up until the past few months where I bought myself some EZ car care products and have been using them. I got sucked in to the AF branding and marketing but I’m trying to broaden my range a bit now and see what I like. Got a pot of Fusso99 wax on it’s way for a birthday present from the girlfriend so looking forward to trying it!

200hp would be nice, seen a few of these diesel ibizas hitting 200hp with just a map so a few supporting mods and hopefully it’ll make over 200hp safely.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I’m a bit ocd haha, I’ll take a photo of it as it stands now after a week of driving to work soon.

I use a mixture of 3 brands at the moment. I’ve had autoglym super resin polish since I got my first car haha, but mainly used Autofinesse products up until the past few months where I bought myself some EZ car care products and have been using them. I got sucked in to the AF branding and marketing but I’m trying to broaden my range a bit now and see what I like. Got a pot of Fusso99 wax on it’s way for a birthday present from the girlfriend so looking forward to trying it!

200hp would be nice, seen a few of these diesel ibizas hitting 200hp with just a map so a few supporting mods and hopefully it’ll make over 200hp safely.
If you want to spend more money have a look here haha - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-are-you-using.445746/ maybe post up what you've got and how it's been so we can get a pot of awesomeness haha i'd post my stuff but it would take a while to type it out as I use Auto Finesse, Autobrite, Autoglym, Collinite, Meguires, Poor Boys etc lol

Where about's you based? guessing from the greenery it's not London haha

jdmsx

Away washing the car
If you want to spend more money have a look here haha - https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/what-are-you-using.445746/ maybe post up what you've got and how it's been so we can get a pot of awesomeness haha i'd post my stuff but it would take a while to type it out as I use Auto Finesse, Autobrite, Autoglym, Collinite, Meguires, Poor Boys etc lol

Where about's you based? guessing from the greenery it's not London haha
Just had a look at that thread, very in depth article so I’ll keep that for when I’m on a break at work haha. Can post a few photos when I get round to washing it this weekend if it stays dry enough.

I’m orignially from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire but have lived in South Ayrshire, Scotland for the majority of my life, still go down to Hudds to see family every few months. Definitely a lot of greenery around me, followed by lots of terrible roads:banghead:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just had a look at that thread, very in depth article so I’ll keep that for when I’m on a break at work haha. Can post a few photos when I get round to washing it this weekend if it stays dry enough.

I’m orignially from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire but have lived in South Ayrshire, Scotland for the majority of my life, still go down to Hudds to see family every few months. Definitely a lot of greenery around me, followed by lots of terrible roads:banghead:
Yeah lots of products on show in that thread lol @Legojon loves it when people add new bits in haha we're both suckers for new detailing stuff.

I recently went to Greenock slightly north of you and it was nice but just epicly windy haha is that terrible roads in the winter but awesome roads when it's dry?

jdmsx

Away washing the car
Yeah lots of products on show in that thread lol @Legojon loves it when people add new bits in haha we're both suckers for new detailing stuff.

I recently went to Greenock slightly north of you and it was nice but just epicly windy haha is that terrible roads in the winter but awesome roads when it's dry?
Yes and no, some of the roads around me are great in the summer, lots of nice coastal routes, but the overall condition of the roads near me are minefields of potholes because the council are too lazy to fix them properly which spoils them unfortunately.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Yes and no, some of the roads around me are great in the summer, lots of nice coastal routes, but the overall condition of the roads near me are minefields of potholes because the council are too lazy to fix them properly which spoils them unfortunately.
Mental note... don't visit you in my car haha

Looking forward to seeing some progress on the motor!

Deleted member 103408

I do like these my daughter has one (but its bright yellow) and i am considering using this as my next project car as the power to weight ratio is very good on these motors. So please keep the updates coming.

Do you do any VCDS/OBD11 Changes on the car and be very interested in the Android head unit change.

jdmsx

Away washing the car
I do like these my daughter has one (but its bright yellow) and i am considering using this as my next project car as the power to weight ratio is very good on these motors. So please keep the updates coming.

Do you do any VCDS/OBD11 Changes on the car and be very interested in the Android head unit change.
I think the yellow ones look great, and hardly anyone buys/modifies yellow ones so in my personal opinion, yellow would be refreshing to see done up!

I bought a carista when I first bought the car but due to it being a 2011 pre-facelift model, there wasn’t many options I could change but did do the unlock/lock chirp just to annoy people. I have no experience with VCDS or OBD11 so I don’t really know what options would be available on them (If anyone knows please let me know).

Headunit is a job I’ve wanted to do for ages but there is so many questions left unanswered with them. I don’t know if they plug and play into the steering controls and I’d really like to have a bluetooth function-ability to listen to music from my phone without having to touch my phone at all. Unlike most people my age, I cannot stand drivers who use mobile phones, really winds me up. I’ll maybe bite the bullet and just get one and see how it goes.

FR3

Jul 13, 2018
Thank you! Really appreciate it
I like the fact my ibiza is pre-facelift and that not many people seem to buy/modify pre-facelifts anymore so it stands out a bit against the usual crowd
I had the same one but 1.4 sport before my leon fr. I genuinely liked how it looked. Not a big fan of the new shape :/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

jdmsx

Away washing the car
I had the same one but 1.4 sport before my leon fr. I genuinely liked how it looked. Not a big fan of the new shape :/

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
My girlfriend drives a 2012 1.4 sport, had a few shots of driving it and it really does feel great to drive, except the lack of power haha. Totally agree with you, whoever the chief designers are at VW/Seat/Skoda etc are doing a great job of creating ugly cars recently, new vw polo is awful looking as well.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise